-Nine-

-Sam pictured above-

The last week had been excruciatingly slow. I didn't go very many places, except the occasional trip to the nearest grocery store to grab more food for Jacob and I. Jacob knew something had happened between Garrett and I, but he didn't say a word about it. He kept doing his thing, going out and bringing girls home. At least he had the decency of having them out the door before I made my way to the kitchen each morning.

Sam would arrive in a few hours. She was finally coming to spend the last two weeks of summer Vacation with me before we started our next to last year of college. I was beyond excited and couldn't wait to officially introduce Jacob and Sam. They had passed briefly once in the hallway when Jacob first helped me move in, but other than that, she had only seen him in pictures. The big brute was on her sex list though, even though I threw a fit and told her he was off limits. Deep down, it would be great to have my brother and my best friend together.

I almost squealed when I walked up to the window and seen Sam getting out of the car with the help of Kent who was grabbing her bags. She was dressed super cute in her cut off jeans and cowgirl boots. Something I could definitely never pull off. I ran to the door and slung it open. My life suddenly got brighter, my mood instantly lifting, creating the huge smile on my face as I rushed down the steps towards her. There was a series of squeals as we collided, arms flailing around each other as we jumped up and down. I heard Jacob chuckle from somewhere behind me.

"Ladies, ladies. You act like you've been apart for more than a few weeks." I turned to glare at my mountain of a brother as he spoke. He had no shame as he stared at Sam's slender body. I had hardly got the eye roll out before Sam sauntered up to Jacob with all her southern charm .

"Well, you must be big ole protective brother. Its nice to Finally meet you." Sam drug out slowly, and a bit extra if I had to say so myself. I watched the exchange in front of me as Jacob reached out his hand, his eyes roaming Sam's body. He hesitated on her long legs and boots. They were polar opposites. Jacob was dressed in khaki shorts with a polo shirt.  She placed hers in his and they both stood there mesmerized. This was really freaking awkward for me.

"So I'll just be going then." I pouted, making a show of stomping my feet as I drug Sam's suitcase behind me. For a moment, neither of them moved, and I huffed a little louder, inwardly laughing at myself for how extra I was being. I heard Sam laugh as she bounced her way to my side, reaching for her bags. Before I could protest, Jacobs hand reached between us to grab the bags. Oh, now he wants to be the charming gentleman. I rolled my eyes as I released the bag, watching him lift it easily over our heads, taking the steps two by two.

"He's so much sexier in person." Sam whispers into my shoulder once Jacob is in the house causing me to laugh uncomfortably. I watched as she followed behind him slowly, watching his every move. I thought I would be okay with this, and maybe with time, but right now I'm slightly grossed out. What if they had sex and she tries to tell me about it. The thought freaked me out. I quickly turned and grabbed Sam by the arm.

"If anything happens between you guys, and I mean anything Sam, don't tell me about it." I gave her my best serious expression and she nodded, holding up two fingers. Scout's honor my ass. She would squeal like a pig wanting to tell me everything, and I'd just have to endure it. I guess I would just have to do my best to keep them apart as long as possible, if at all possible I should say.

I helped Sam settle into my room because there were only two bedrooms in the pool house, but Sam and I were used to it. It was just like back at school and we couldn't be any happier. Sam started telling me all about back home, and all the drama with her sister and fiancé. Apparently he caught her cheating and called off the wedding. Sam's sister was devastated, but it got better. Then he tried to sleep with Sam to get back at her sister. I sat there with my mouth wide open listening to all the drama. This was craziness, and I thought I had had an eventful time.