Chapter 36

Nandini came to meet Manik. Manik finally told her everything about Soha. After completing Manik couldn't hold his tears back. Nandini wiped his tears. "You faced all this alone and I misunderstood you. I'm sorry. But you shouldn't have left me like this."

"I'm sorry. I'm sorry. I'm sorry. I know I should have told this to you earlier but I thought this chapter was done for me that's why I didn't want you to know of this. I thought you'll be hurt."

"Never hide anything again from me, Manik."

"I won't. Promise."

Manik pulled Nandini in his embrace. They both were at peace after a long time. They were each other's solace. Nandini broke the hug and caressed his face lovingly. "What've you done to yourself? Hmm? I know I love your beards but what have you made with them? They look more like Amazon forests now." Manik chuckled a little and Nandini glared at him.  "Let's go I will shave them."

Suddenly they heard some noise. Manik stood a little away from Nandini.

"Nandini, you should go now. Someone will come and see us."

Nandini held Manik tightly. "No, I'm not going anywhere leaving you. You're coming with me."

"Nandini, try to understand. I can't come with you now. It's not the time. I'll see you again tomorrow."

Nandini didn't want to go away from Manik. It's not that Manik wanted to go away from her. But they can't help that moment.

Nandini was watching Manik going.

Manik reached mid way and turned back to see Nandini still standing there sad. Manik gestured to Nandini to smile just the way he used to do in childhood. Nandini also couldn't help smiling.

After Manik left Nandini came back to the room. She sat on the bed. She had a never ending smile on her face. Alya was surprised to see her smiling suddenly. Because a few hours back, she was all gloomy.

"What happend to you all of a sudden? You look happy!" Alya asked in confusion.

"Did you know I just met Manik!"

"Manik!" She was surprised. "He has come back to India? Then why didn't he come home?"

Nandini told Alya everything that Manik had said to her.

"That's the matter. I was surprised seeing you behaving like Juliet suddenly from lady Devdas. But it's good."

Nandini glared at her. "Shut up."

Alya chuckled seeing her but suddenly she got serious. "Nandini, what'll happen to Smaran now?"

Nandini had forgotten of him completely after seeing Manik. She thought for sometime. "I don't know."

"He doesn't know of Manik. I'm sure he must be still thinking of plans with his engagement with you. But now Manik is back."

"I've an idea."

Alya raised her eyebrows. "What?"

"Why don't you get married to Samran?" Nandini showed all her teeth to Alya.

"What did you say?" Alya shouted angrily.

Nandini started laughing. Alya started beating her with a pillow. Nandini also started beating her with another pillow. They were laughing forgetting the whole world. Mohini came there and saw them like that.