Chapter 35

Cabir tried to make Nandini understand that she should at least meet Manik for once and hear his side of story too even though he was wrong. Cabir left from her room to give her some alone time so that she could think of it and decide what she wants.

Tears were continuously falling from her eyes. Her heart was beating fast. She went near window and found clouds covering the stars. It was lightening and thundering. She was standing there looking at the sky. Suddenly she turned back and started running towards back side of their house. She stopped seeing Manik. She was huffing badly.

Manik got up seeing Nandini. He had thought maybe Nandini won't come. But seeing her, a beautiful crept on his corner of his lips.

Nandini ran to Manik and jumped in his arms. She wrapped her arms around his neck. Manik hold her tightly wrapping his arms around her waist so that she doesn't fell down. Tears were falling from both of their eyes.

"What did you think I won't come? How many times I have asked not to leave me alone? Didn't I? But why don't you ever hear me?" Nandini cried and hiccupped badly hiding her face in Manik's embrace. 

Manik broke the hug and he smiled shortly in between his tears. "Nandini...."

"Shut up. You won't say anything." Nandini wiped her tears. "You like making me cry, don't you? Actually you love it."

Manik nodded his head negatively. "No. Never."

"I said you to shut up." Nandini whisper yelled at him still sobbing. "This time if you ever leave me, I will die. Then you can't see me again."

Manik cupped Nandini's face with both his hands and wiped her tears.

"Why, Manik? Why did you leave me? You know I don't like it at all. I can't stay without you. You know this. Then why do you do this to me always?" Nandini accused him looking into her.

Manik felt guilty. He knew every word she spoke was correct and he couldn't bear the hurt in her eyes. He hugged Nandini tightly as if hiding her from whole world.

They both remembered their childhood promise.

"Nandini, even if you remain the same teddy bear, I will marry you. You can't marry anyone else except me."

"You called me teddy bear again?" Nandini shouted on Manik and started running behind Manik.

_________________

One fine day Manik and Nandini were playing but Nandini noticed blood in Manik's knee.

"Manik, you're bleeding. What happened to you? How did you get hurt?" Nandini uttered in her baby voice. 

Manik looked at his knees, then he smiled at her. "I fell down while playing cricket."

"Let's go to Nyo aunty. She'll clean it and bandage your wound."

Manik nodded in no. "Mom will scold me. You do it for me."

Nandini brought antiseptic and bandage for Manik. She carefully wiped the place and made a bandage. She willingly press the hurt place making Manik whine in pain.

"Nandini, what're you doing? It's hurting me." Manik glared at her. 

Nandini laughed uncontrollably seeing him.