Chapter 33

Nandini was not feeling sleepy. She couldn't stop herself, she ran towards the veranda but couldn't see anyone. So, she ran towards the terrace. She again looked around but didn't see anyone. She was coming back being heart broken but out of no where she looked down from there and her heart skipped a beat.

Manik!!!

"Manik. . . . ." A whisper came out of her lips unconsciously. 

Manik was standing down there with tears in his eyes. Manik was staring at her face without blinking for once. Their eyes met each others after a long time. They were speaking a thousand words among themselves.

They were trying to find answers in them.

Manik remembered their childhood when he used to make face for her standing at the same place where he is standing today and Nandini used to be there where she is now. Nandini used to be so angry. She used to be so angry and run behind him to beat him.

Manik wiped his tears thinking now nor he can go back to their childhood neither Nandini will come running to him.

Nandini was standing there looking into his eyes. Her wait is over now. But then Alya's words rang in her ears. Tears were falling from her eyes continuously. She started going backwards. Manik hasn't come back for her.

He hasn't come here to her.

He won't be her anymore. He has already become someone else's.

Manik understood why Nandini is going back. He knew Nandini won't forgive him this time. Why will she? This time his mistake is not forgivable. He has broken his promises.

Nandini ran from there. She directly came to her room and closed the door behind. Alya heard the noise. She got up and turned in the light. She was shocked as she saw Nandini sitting on the floor leaning her back to the door and crying badly.

Alya ran to Nandini without any delay and hugged her from side and kept rubbing her back to calm her down, "Nandu, what happened to you? Why are you crying? Tell me. Please stop crying."

They broke the hug and Alya looked at her face keenly. Nandini sobbed hard. "Manik. . . . ."

Alya became confused hearing Manik's name from Nandini at this hour. She was thinking that maybe something wrong has happened to him that's why Nandini is reacting this way. But she was also thinking that Nandini doesn't have any source to find out about him, if he didn't call her by himself. She somehow got back to her senses and held Nandini. "What's wrong with, Manik? Did he call you?"

Nandini nodded her head. "He's back. He's back here."

Alya was taken aback with the new found information. She didn't know how to react, also she couldn't realize how did Nandini got to know about him. "What do you mean by Manik is back? Did you meet him? What did he say?" Alya asked after a while. 

Nandini hugged Alya who was continuously rubbing her back. "Why did he come back? Please ask him to leave. I don't want to talk to him. I don't even want to see his face. He's no one to me. He never loved me. He had only played with my emotions. Then why did he come back?" 

"Okay, relax." Alya broke the hug and cupped her face. "Please calm down. Everything will be okay. I'll ask him to leave. He won't come in front of you." 

Alya made Nandini sit on the bed and went out to find Manik. She directly walked to the garden only to find empty. She couldn't spot anyone. She looked around to find Manik but she could only see darkness. Being disappointed she came inside.