Chapter 22

Hello, everyone. I hope you all are keeping good. Take care as the Covid cases are on rise once again. Do follow the basic rules and stay safe.

Also don't forget to follow me on insta and you can connect with me directly there @ theshimmery_star

👇🏻

Manik was no where to be found. His phone was also switched off. Nandini was hell worried for him.

Suddenly it stuck her mind that she didn't check the terrace. He can be there as well. It's their favorite place to skip. Whenever he is disturbed, he goes there only. Without waiting anymore, Nandini ran towards terrace. When she reached there, she was literally huffing. She stayed out for sometime and composed her breath.

Nandini stepped into the terrace. There she saw Manik sitting at one corner lost in his own world. He was smoking oblivious of the things around him. It was the first time Nandini saw him smoking. It was clear from his face that he was tensed about something. Nandini went near him and threw the cigarette away taking it from his hand.

Manik looking at her angrily. He asked gritting his teeth. "Why did you throw it away?"

Nandini looked at him with seriously. She was hell irritated with the stunt he pulled on everyone. "What do you mean by why I threw it away? Why were you smoking? Don't you know it's injurious to health."

Manik got up from his place and stood in front of her. His eyes were red in anger. His face was showing it clearly that how badly he was trying to control himself but it wasn't helping at all. "Don't try to interfere in every matter. You don't have any right."

Manik uttered these words in anger and started leaving when Nandini asked from behind. She was hurt with his tone but for time being she ignored that. "Why is your phone switched off?"

"Battery dead." Manik turned towards her.

Nandini snatched his phone from his hand. She checked it and found the battery was not dead. It still has enough battery. Nandini looked at Manik who took the phone from Nandini's hand and went away from there without turning back for once.

As Manik left, Nandini drowned in her own thoughts. "Manik lied to me." It was the only thing which was roaming in her mind.

Nandini was still standing there at the same place. Her eyes were filled with tears. They were threatening to fall any moment. She pressed her lips together to suppress her sob. She was standing there with thousands of unanswered questions in her mind. She felt like her life halted there only.

They have literally grown up together still she couldn't understand this man properly. She was thinking how much he has changed after going away from here. She knew he loves her but what about his anger?

Nandini's pov
Why is Manik behaving like this to me?

Don't I really have any right on him?

I can't really interfere in his matters or in his life?

Why?

Why did Manik talk to me like that?

By any chance is he trying to avoid me?

Has he changed his mind about me?

He doesn't want this marriage?
end of Nandini's pov

Nandini sat on the floor crying and all those questions were continuously roaming in her mind. She hid her face in between her knees as if  trying to hide her crying face from the sky. When Manik wasn't here, she used to cry in front of the sky for him. Now when he is here, she is still crying and he is the reason once again. She was crying her heart out.