CHAPTER 10

Until This Cold Winter Ends
And The Spring Comes Again
And Until The Flowers Bloom Again
Please Stay There A Little Longer
-SPRING DAY-

Layyah's POV

Once I wake up, and quietly tip toe to the bathroom in order not to wake Sophia, I take a shower and do my regular morning routine, put on a summery dress that comes down to my knees and slip on some sandals.

I decide to leave my wavy hair down and wake up Sophia.

"C'mon Soph, let's get you ready."

She then gets up without much of a fight and takes my hand as we head to the bathroom and clean her up.

I put her in a dress and some tights under them cause I know she'll be going on the slide by the park over and over again.

I put her hair into a ponytail and we're ready to start the day. I grab my phone, wallet and earphones(I take these everywhere) and put them into my purse.

I go to Shannon's room with Sophia at my side and open the door, playing DDAENG by BTS to wake her up.

To be extra, Sophia climbs onto the bed and starts jumping up and down on top of Shan.

She wakes up groaning.

"Fine I'm up! I'm up!" She says lifting herself off the bed as I help Soph back down.

Soph stands there looking at the birds nest that is Shannon's head as she gets up and I go through the outfits she brought with her.

"Do you want to wear a shorts or dress firstly?" I ask rummaging through all the possible outfits.

"I don't know, you know I can't decide things." She replies getting her toiletries.

"Soph what do you think Aunt Shan should wear?" I ask turning to her

"Shorts. Only me and you wear dresses today." She says looking innocently at Shannon.

I immediately put my hand over my heart at her response. Awwwwwwww.

"Ouch. But okay whatever the princess wants." Shannon replies as she goes leaves the room and goes into the bathroom.

I then leave a denim shorts and floral blouse on the bed and let her choose what shoes she wants to wear and head out of the room with Sophia.

Once we're in the kitchen I place her onto the high stool behind the counter and start getting the ingredients out for pancakes and put the stove on, letting the pan heat up as I start mixing the batter and adding some chocolate chips.

"Yyyyayyyyy chocolate!" Sophia says clapping her hands giddily.

I smile at her cuteness.

When I think the pan is warm enough I start frying the pancakes, excited to eat them.

Once they're finished I start plating them for Sophia. Now normally I would've let her put on her own syrup. But from my last experience, I do it myself. Because as good as the syrup is, I don't want my niece getting rotten teeth already. She practically drenched her pancakes in syrup last time.

Shannon comes down the stairs, looking all pretty with her shoulder length hair bouncing with every step.

Her blouse and shorts looking very cute on her short little self. Seeing her choice of shoes, a pair of white sneakers. She actually decided something. So proud. This girl and her indecisiveness is really an irritation sometimes.

"Yyyaayyyyy pancakes!" She shouts and takes a seat next to Sophia dishing herself. I take a seat opposite both of them and start eating.

Once we're finished I start cleaning up while they relax on the couch.