CHAPTER 4

Trapped In The Maze Of Choice
Tired Of Dead End Chaos
We've Been Searching For The Right Answer
Lost In The Maze, In The Darkness
-LOVE MAZE-

Layyah's POV

Lunch just ended and I almost peed on Jeonghan but at least I got 2 rice cakes. Worth it.

"OFF TO MUSIC JEONGHAN!" I say raising my fist into the air as if I'm going into a march.

"You're lead." He says gesturing for me to walk. New kid.

Once we get into the class we drop our backpacks on the shelves and sit around the instruments. Seeing the drums just reminds me of Jungkook. Army brain.

Mrs Gordon walks in soon after everyone settles down.

"Hi students. I hope you're all doing well."

Everyone just nods.

"You guys know every year we have a opening arts show to show the talents of the school and its students. This also helps out for people who want to take music, dance, drama or art as a profession. This show will expose your talents and give you the chance to get scouted for art colleges since admissions should be done way in advance since there aren't many of those of schools where we are, and they're quite expensive. So if you guys would like to do this as a profession, I hope you find great benefit within this but otherwise this is for you guys to have fun and raise funds for new equipment, instruments, art supplies etc."

We all nod our head in understanding.

"So I'm gonna need you guys to decide what you're going to do, whether its playing your instruments, singing a song, duets, trio's. Whatever you guys can and want to do. Whatever your strengths are, but you have to let me know by Friday so we can start with official class practices. I've got to evaluate them to fit them in with the other art departments schedules."

We all just listen intently. I think we're all relieved we're able to do things we want to do. It makes things so much easier.

"And Layyah, your voice is definitely one of our strong points so make sure to do a song that your voice really runs well with. We'll most probably end off with you for the music section." Mrs G says.

"Will do." I reply.

"Okay everyone start thinking of what you're gonna do, I'll be doing the admin." She says going to her desk.

"You can sing?" Zander asks, seeming shocked.

"Yeah, kinda."

"Since when?" He asks for clarification

"A really long time."

"Best in the school?"

"That's what Mrs Gordon says. I could argue. Although don't get me wrong, alot of people here have great voices and plus not alot of seniors do much in the art department. Very few actually participate in the events. I don't know how I gained the title of a good singer here. Mrs Gordon says I have a unique voice but I don't know. I sing for fun, not for other people's entertainment but at least this way the art department gets funds. Alot of the time, art gets little recognition because everyone, especially parents, think stem subjects are the only way for success. They tend to forget that passion is something that can give you a profession too. And through this, the students are able to express themselves so..."

"Wow, that's deep."

"Yeah sorry I didn't mean to get that serious while answering." I say starting to laugh at how that turned out.

"Its okay, but I'd like to hear you sing sometime."

"Well you're gonna have to, we have to practice. Speaking of, wanna do a duet?"