Chapter 16

Chapter 16

In my nearest future I wasn't expecting Josh to be nice to me again. I wanted him to be, but it wasn't on my mind. Here we were and he held me to his side, me crying into his shoulder, feeling his comfort. Words weren't spoken between us, there wasn't anything to say. Adrian was dead and even though we didn't stand that close and he actually was the villain at first I cried because of his death. There were other reasons why I cried too, Adrian wasn't the only reason. First off all, I got this mission, I got kidnapped and a teacher died. I have no clue on which this killer can be and before anyone could stop the killer he might make the whole school explode. To sum it all up I had a lot of pressure on my shoulders, I knew earlier that this wasn't good for me. When Josh left me too there was even more pressure added and Adrian's sudden death was when everything broke loose.

"I can't handle this," I cried.  

"Handle what?" Josh asked with concern in his voice.  

 "Everything, life," I cried even more. Josh didn't answer to that, he kept quiet. He pulled me closer to his chest, his arm around my back, comforting me. I was close to his chest hearing his heart beat over and over again, calming me down. After some time I stopped crying. I probably looked like a monster right now, eyes red from crying and mascara running down my face. Time passed and we both stayed quiet. We hadn't moved, we were still in the position on the stairs were Josh held me close.

"Lucy...?" Josh asked lightly.

"Hm?"

"Why haven't you told me that you were on a mission?" I didn't know what to answer, I was speechless.

"Erm I-," I started.

"You don't need to answer right now, I just," Josh sighed. I looked up at him, wondering what he is trying to say. He moved his arm from my back to my face, his thumb taking away the tears that had streamed down my face just minutes ago. He looked me in the eyes, his eyes full with concern.

"I knew there was something special about you and I always wondered why you often missed so many lessons, I knew it was because you weren’t sick, it was something else," Josh continued.

"Yes, sorry for not telling you," I answered.

"It's alright I guess," he said. I knew I shouldn't be telling him this, but I had to. I had to because I didn't want us to be mad at each other, I didn't want the mission to be in the way for our friendship, or what this now was.

"You know I never dated Adrian or anything, he wanted to make you mad for some reason I don't know, he helped me with the mission too," I explained.

"Oh..." Josh said. He went quiet for a while and then turned to me. "I'm sorry Lucy, for everything."

Josh

I've never forgotten about the first day that I got here, first time I met Adrian, or technically my second time. Maybe I should tell Lucy about our first encounter? She would get angry with me, I know that, especially when I’ve waited this long. On the other hand it might help her with the mission.