40. Christmas With the Morgans & Hamptons {Part 2}

Start from the beginning

"Thank you baby." She kissed my forehead. "Ain't no thing mama." I shrugged. If I could buy my moms the world, I definitely would. Honestly, I was hoping to get them a new house for Christmas but that would have to wait until next year. I was still tryna move myself, along with handling the bills I already had.

I was still stashing to the side for it though.

"I was hoping you got me a Rolex." Pops stated while switching his hats. He needed hats to match everything he wore, so I was adding to his collection. Like Moms, he was big on sweatsuits, so I copped him a few of those, and sneaks to match. Chuckling, I shook my head. "I'm just fucking with you son, thank you." He laughed as we shared dap. "You gon' have to wait on that Rollie pop, I didn't even buy mine." I reminded him. "Maybe next Christmas."'He shrugged. "Maybe." I responded. It wouldn't take that long to get him one. "Well, you got gifts too, whenever you feel like opening them." Moms announced. "I ain't want no gifts..." I told her with a groan.

"You say that all the time and I still buy." She laughed. "That's cus' you don't listen." I fake scolded her. "I made you, so don't look over here for a gift." Pops joked. "I see you with all the smoke today, huh?" I gave him a fake stale face before we both busted out laughing. "I got something for you..." He stood, walking toward the kitchen. I stayed put, a yawn escaping my lips as I closed my eyes for a minute.

I was mad tired.

Hearing a voice I haven't heard in what felt like forever made me open my eyes.
"Big bro, what up?" My little brother; Jhalil appeared in front of me with a smile on his face. Of course Moms wanted to be extra, capturing the moment and shit.

(Jhalil Hampton)

(Jhalil Hampton)

I ain't speak right away, just stared at him in surprise. I knew that he would be home soon but not Christmas. I haven't talked to him since the last time we spoke on the phone. "Damn it's Christmas, you ain't happy to see me?" He chuckled, coming over to dap me. I had finally snapped out of it and stood to my feet, pulling him into a brotherly hug. We may have our fights but I was happy to see him home. I knew how it felt to be behind those walls, so I wouldn't wish that on my worst enemy.

"Yeah...I'm just surprised. I ain't know soon meant Christmas nigga." I laughed lightly, dapping him again. "Shit, me either. I was right on time for food and gifts too. Moms got the pies cooking up and she got me some clothes." He informed. "So, y'all knew?" I looked to my parents. Moms zipped her lips and threw away the key before helping Corey to the kitchen. Lex was in her own world, talking Pops head off, so that gave me a minute to duck off with Lil. I got up, following him so we could chop it up in private.

"You good bro? Need anything?" I asked once we made it downstairs. Instantly, I grabbed the magazine that sat on the table in front of me, pulling my weed from my pocket. I needed this blunt, bad. I been kinda chilling lately with Lex being around. If she wasn't in her world, she was in mine, so I couldn't smoke back to back. The only time I really did it was when she was sleep, cus' I knew l wouldn't be interrupted. "I'm straight, forreal. I'ma lay low til' I figure out my next move." Lil spoke, getting a nod from me. I understood where he was coming from. If I wasn't on probation when I got out, most likely I woulda went back to the block.