XLv. Memories

The Spy : Part 2

After Will's screams of pain stopped, he was put to sleep as Joyce, Bob, Mike and Gabbie stayed in the room with him. Bob, Mike and Gabbie all sat in chairs next to Will watching him sleep, all the machines hooked up to him, it just made Gabbie very uncomfortable, But Mike still held onto her hand tightly as a blanket was wrapped around the both of them.

Joyce had a meeting with the doctors and doctor Owen about Will and when she returned she wasn't happy.

"Joyce, any news?" Bob asks as he stands up from his chair, both Mike and Gabbie also look up and the frustrated mother.

"I-i don't know" She said as she sighed and rubbed her face, Gabbie just looked down at her lap. Joyce saw the girl and walked over to her.

"Hey Gabbie, everything will be alright, you know Will, he's strong, you don't have to worry okay? Why don't you and Mike get some sleep?" Joyce said to her daughter as she rubbed her shoulder. Gabbie just nodded as her mother went into the corner with Bob to discuss what had happening in the meeting, and in turn would have to tell him everything else that happened the year before.

"Gabbie" Mike whispered to the girl, she turned around to look at the boy "everything will be okay"

"Yeah, it's just I hate this place, a lot of bad memories here" Gabbie sighed as she stopped making eye contact with him.

"I-i'm sorry" Mike whispered, Gabbie looked up again, confused.

"Why are you sorry?"

"Because, you went through all this, the lab, the tests and what did I do? I acted like I hated you and I pushed you away, not even once trying to make friendly conversation, not once asking if you were okay" Mike says to her, now he was the one looking away from her, knowing he had messed up.

"Mike, you didn't know" Gabbie said to him softly

"No, but I did, Will told me what happened to guys once, and I just sat with that information, I should of made sure you were okay, but you know what I did the next day when I saw you?" Mike says starting to tear up thinking of what he had done, While Gabbie was completely unaware of what he did.

"What?"

"I called you a bitch" Mike said looking down at his lap as a tear fell from his face. Gabbie looked at him, and sighed.

"Mike"

"I knew you were suffering and I still continued to torture you"

"Mike"

"What kind of person does that to someone they l-"

"Mike, look at me" Gabbie says more confidently, Mike looks up at the girl as tears rimmed his eyes "Look, we were both assholes this year, I said some pretty nasty things about you too"

"But all this happened because of me, I was the one who kissed her" Mike again stopped making eye contact, Gabbie placed her free hand on his face.

"Mike, I've forgiven you for that, It was a confusing time, there were two girls, and everything with Will and Monsters were happening, I understand that things were going over your head and you weren't thinking, and I know you miss Eleven, I miss her with all my heart, but you never had feelings for her right?" Gabbie asked the boy, he shook his head making a tear fly off his face and splat on the ground.

"Only you" Mike says softly to her, which makes her blush.

"Good" she smirks at him as she lets go of his face and lays her head on his shoulder "I only like you too".

Gabbie and Mike ended up sleeping most of the night as Joyce had laid a blanket over the top of them before returning to the corner where her and Bob had been talking.

"I can't believe that Will is going through this, but dragging along Gabbie and Mike, what kind of mother am I?" Joyce sighs while Bob rubs her shoulder.

"Hey, they're all strong kids, I know Gabbie, she can get through anything" Bob smiles at her, "so ah what else happened last year" Bob asked trying to get more answers.

"They made me sign, like, a thousand documents. I mean.... we all had to. we had to. I mean, I lost track at a certain point. They're gonna make you do the same. I'm sure" Joyce says as she wraps the blanket around herself. Bob looks over at the sleeping Will, holding his cup of coffee before looking back at Joyce.

"Yeah. Well, hey, whatever." Bob says with a smile, Joyce looked at him "What kind of documents?" he asked now unsure.

"Uh, confidentiality, and there were these official forms saying like, nothing ever happened, which is why..." Joyce trailed off as Bob turned towards Will and starting walking over to him.

"Will got lost in the woods" Bob finally put all together.

"Yeah"Joyce confirms

"Man, I always thought stuff like this happened in movies and comic books. Certainly not in Hawkins, and certainly not to someone like you" Bob says as he lightly touches his cup against Joyces, making a point.

"Or you" Joyce says softly to him.

"Yeah. Bob Newby, Superhero." Bob chuckles softly and Joyce smiles at him. Joyce looks at her boyfriend and sees him shaking.

"You cold?"

"Uh, just a little Jitters, I guess. Hey, don't you start worrying about me." Bob says looking Joyce right in the eyes.

"Okay" Joyce whispers with a smile

"Okay? I'm fine. I'm fine. It's not like you didn't warn me. 'this is not a normal family.' Isn't that what you said?" Bob asks her with a smirk

"Yeah" Joyce chuckles a little

"You weren't kidding." Bob chuckles even more. Joyce just sighs in the end thinking how bad these last two years have been for the kids, monsters and other dimension, something children shouldn't have to grow up facing.

"It kinda makes my idea of moving to Maine sound a little less crazy, right?" Bob questions her.

"Oh, it... It's not crazy at all." Joyce answers in a very serious tone, which makes Bob smile.

"Mom?" Will was heard in the background just seeming to have woken up. Everyone including Gabbie and Mike now had their eyes on the boy. Joyce and Bob raced over to him. He seemed fine which made Joyce so relived.

"Hey." Joyce says to her son as she smiles down at him. Bob runs out of the shouting for a doctor to come.

"Sweetie, how you feeling? you okay?" Joyce asks him as she places her hand on his shoulder and rubs it.

"Okay, they're on their way" Bob says as he jogs back into the room "hey." Bob says to the child, happy that he was wake. Will stares at Bob for a second.

"Who is that?" Will asks, everyone looked at Will confused, how could he not remember Bob.

"What?" Joyce asks her son, thinking maybe he was joking, Bob just chuckles.

"It's me big guy, It's Bob." He said as he went to go touch Will's hand, but Will pulls it away quickly. Will truly had no idea who Bob was,

"Are you a.... doctor?" Will asks him slowly.

"No. No, it's just me. Just... Just Bob." Bob tries to maybe re-jog his memory but it was seeming not to work. Joyce stared down at her son, not knowing what to do, her son was losing his own memory.

Gabbie and Mike turned to look at each other, knowing that must have something to do with the shadow monster.

another part, we love that.

we also love Mike and Gabbie, like omg Mike is just so amazing to Gabbie now, he's such a sweetheart. ugh, my heart.

And i also love Joyce and Bob they were so good for each other, i miss it.

thanks for reading