Chapter 23: Lisa V

Chapter23 Remembrance of Home

Jasmine's apology to us still didn't make me feel great about the situation. However, at least she is admitting her part in why we are here. If we are going to die, at least we will do it together as friends. I've never seen her tear up before. The heartfelt apology displayed that she knew that leaders know when to admit their faults and when to correct them.

"I'm glad the band is back together," Charlie said his arm around Shawn.

"Indeed," Imhotep said. "Now, if you are to survive, we need to figure out how to strengthen your bonds."

"Bonds?" I asked.

"With your halo. You are all able to summon it at will. Which is good. You can also call on its power. The fact that you were able to fight angels proves you are getting stronger. But, they let you kill them. The Nephilim and higher-level angels are able to bond with their halo. This bond merges everything I have taught you. It allows you to call upon the element and increase your power, weapon, and body. In short, you gain new powers and skills."

"How do we do that?" Jasmine asked.

"You have to accept that you are possessed by the fallen angels."

"Are you saying, that we can use them? Like they used us?" Bruce asked.

"I don't think they are using you. Shawn and I have talked about it."

Shawn steps forward. "I think the angels we killed were trying to deliver a message to us. They kill Nephilim, demons, and fallen angels."

"Which is why they attack us," I said.

"Exactly, but when the fights went longer than they thought, I think they realized that we are humans." Shawn continued.

"You see, angels are not allowed to attack humans. It's not only an action that will get an angel executed. The only exception to this command is when the Lord orders the death of a human. He created a group of angels for this. You call them angels of death. In the East they are shinigami. In the end, they are all the same. One of the best examples of them in use is Sodom and Gamora."

Imhotep looked at Bruce and Charlie. Bruce's stoic gaze understood Imhotep's statement. Charlie's eye's danced as he nodded.

"Anubis. He was an angel of death, wasn't he? Charlie asked.

"Khonshu, too," Bruce said.

Imhotep nodded. "Yes, they were. This confirms that my friends did possess you. You all have seen images of Ancient Egypt?"

Everyone nodded. Even now, images of what Sekhmet experience started flashing back in my own mind.

"Is that why we keep seeing them, because of the angels?" I asked.

"Precisely why, Lisa. You are all experiencing their memories. Although heaven is the kingdom they were from. They considered Egypt their home. They took great pride in defending it and when the others went rogue. They still fought. It happens. You bond with the human you protect. That's what happens with Job. My friends did possess you, but it was the last thing they ever did."

His voice sounded sad as he lowered his head. Shawn approached and patted him on the back. "We both think, the angels Lillith trapped here noticed that we are humans, who were possessed by fallen angels. At first, the mixture of energies reads as Nephilim. That's why Imhotep thought we were after we fought the demons off. The prolonged fights must have allowed them time to analyze us even more. When they realized that they were about to kill humans they felt.."

"Guilty. Guilty enough to feel they needed to die." I said. "They didn't believe they could return home."

Imhotep looked up. "Possession is also not allowed by angels. Fallen angels and demons performed them as a means to hide. Possessing babies is impossible as they are the most pure humans when birthed."

I started thinking of my parents and the homes w lived in. I wanted to survive, but now I knew why Sekhmet possessed me. Why the others were possessed. I thought of when I thought I saw ghosts and somehow I defeated them.

"Your friends died because they tried to possess us when we were born."