Chapter 8

"So do you like Harry?" Mandy asked Niall during breakfast the next morning. Niall honestly replied, "Yes. I do. Any lad who wants to cook for me, I like."

Giggling, Mandy began to eat her meal. However, Niall was thinking back to when she was a little girl. Where had the time gone? Why must he share her with some other boy he hardly knew? Sure, he liked Harry but....Mandy belonged to him....not Harry....but that would change. She would get married and get a new last name. That was just the way it was....unless Niall rejected the boy's offer. 

             "Have you gotten background info? You should always get background info. I got background info with Daisy. If you don't get background info, the whole relationship could blow up in your face."

If Liam said "background info" one more time Niall would fly off his handle....However, Niall kept his composure but still smirked, "I do have some background info, yes. His parents are divorced, he has one sister, he has a best friend named Louis, and Harry has a job. He likes music so he sings on the weekends for clubs."

"Clubs?"

"Under eighteen clubs."

"Oh. Hmm. What's his wage?"

"I thought Mandy was my kid and Daisy was yours?"

"I'm just concerned about yours and Zayn's parenting skills."

Niall's jaw dropped, "How are you!" he spat then Mandy walked in, smiling, "Dad, guess what!" her tone had a touch of Irish in it, which Niall greatly adored. He turned around and grinned, "Yes, princess?"

"Can Harry come over today?"

"Oh, is he cooking today?"

"No, we just wanna hang out. He has to go shopping before he can cook."

Liam coughed loudly. Niall narrowed his eyes at him then looked back at Mandy, "Sure. He can come."

"Thanks, Dad! I love you!"

"Love you too, princess."

              After she had left the room, Niall sighed, "What was that cough about? Furball?"

"Nooooo. You're letting him come over? Are you going to supervise them?"

"Of course I will and we have a full house. No one will get away with anything here."

"True....but Zayn and Stacey are out and Daisy will be studying at the library soon so that just leaves you, me, Harry, and Mandy."

"I will keep a close eye on them. You know I will." Niall assured. 

"Hmm. I'm a bit concerned about this Harry though."

"Yet again, I am Mandy's father. I will handle it, thank you very much!" Niall raised his chin and sauntered off to find Mandy. Maybe he should have....the talk....with her....but she was a little young for that but she was at that age....ohmygodamiactuallythinkingofthis? Niall's thoughts jumped up inside his head as his pace quickened. He walked into the kitchen and jumped, seeing Harry was sitting on top of the table, wearing tight gray skinny jeans, a black blazer, and a white button-up shirt.....he was good looking, Niall decided.

"Um, hello." Niall mumbled.

"Ello! Hope I'm not here too early! I'm waiting on Mandy!"

"It's fine." Niall brushed his hand in the air, "What's up, lad?"

"Nothing too much. Nice to see you again, by the way. Did Mandy tell you about my cooking?"

"Yes, and I am looking forward to that! Thank you for the offer by the way!"

"Mmm, no problem!" Harry smiled then hopped off the table, "So....can I ask you a question?"

            Eyes widening, and heart rate quickening, Niall finally nodded, "Mhmm."

"I was wondering if I could take Mandy to the school dance?"

"Oh....the dance?" relief spread through Niall's veins.

"Yes. It's next Saturday at seven. Would that be all right?"

"Oh, of course! I know she would love to go with you! I'm sure her and her sisters will go out for a dress together."

"Thanks, Mr. Horan."

"Oh, call me Niall! Nialler! Something besides Mr. Horan!" Niall laughed.

"And do you think I could take her to Nando's afterwards for dessert?"

Niall's eyes glistened, Nando's? Harry was perfect!