Chapter 2

Niall gazed down at his daughter who was chewing on the hem of her blanket. He awed over her. She was so precious and cuddly. He loved her so much--so very much. Smiling, he cradled her against his chest, and began to hum, "I will always love you. I will alwaaaays love youuuuu." he grinned and tucked a curl behind her ear. She was staring up at him. She reached up for his shamrock pendant and smiled behind her blanket. "I love you so much!" he beamed and lied her down upon his bed. He had failed to go out and buy a crib along with other things she needed. He sighed and looked around. He grabbed his cell phone and dialed Liam's number. He was at the store while Zayn was out with Daisy and Stacey. 

"Hello?" Liam answered.

"Hey, Li. I was wondering if you could pick a few things up for me."

"Like what?"

"Uh, diapers....I think? She probably still wears diapers right?"

"What was she wearing when you bathed her?"

"A diaper."

"Then she still wears diapers but must be potty trained soon."

"Yeah? How do ya' know this stuff, lad? Do you think you could help me with her?"

"I'm sure I could. No harm in that right?"

"I sure hope not." Niall chuckled. However, Liam stayed serious.

"I'll pick up some diapers, a potty, sippy cups, and a few clothes for her. Zayn is getting clothes for Daisy and Stacey."

"Alright. Tank you, Liam."

"No problem, Nialler." and with that, he hung up.

              Niall was left to entertain a toddler, which made him nervous. She was waddling around, nearly stumbling. He gasped and grabbed her, "Don't scare Daddy like that!" he wailed. She giggled and clapped her hands, reaching for the curtains. "No, no!" he gasped and pulled her onto his lap. She started whining, "No! No!"

"Shhhh. It's alright." he gave her a hug then the door opened. Liam appeared. "Tank God you're here!" Niall exclaimed. Smiling, Liam put the grocery bags down, and scooped up Mandy. He kissed her cheek and patted her back, "She's been crying?"

"She wanted to grab the curtains and I yanked her back."

"You yanked her?"

"Well, pulled her back. Gently."

"That's good. She needs to know what is a no-no and what isn't."

"Do I have to say no to her?"

"Of course or she'll be spoiled. You know, I'm concerned about Zayn."

"Why's that?"

"Well, he was in a foster home for his childhood and he's reliving it through Daisy and Stacey. He's really taken to to them."

"That's so sweet." Niall smiled then held out his hands for Mandy. She reached out for him and wrapped her arms around his neck. He kissed her cheek and hiked her up onto his hip, "So what did you buy?"

              Liam stepped over to the bags and pulled out the following: diapers, sippy cups, dresses, pajamas, socks, shoes, hats, gloves, toys, and baby wipes. "Damn." Niall chuckled.

"She'll learn that word. Best watch the language, mate."

"Oh, um, sorry." he blushed. "How do you know all this again?"

"My mum was a nanny. I helped her out with that." 

"I'm so glad you're here, Liam. I dunno what I'd do without you."

"Oh, you'd do fine, Nialler. You're great with her."

"Um, no. I'm not." he sighed.

"Just give it some time. You'll make a great father. I promise."

"Tank you." Niall mumbled into his daughter's curls then saw Stacey and Daisy were stumbling into the doorway, with Zayn's help, "Here you go!" Zayn laughed and helped them onto the sofa. "Wanna play?" Niall sweetly asked his daughter. She nodded so he sat her inbetween Daisy and Stacey who began to baby her and touch her curls. Grinning, Niall gave them each a kiss, and a hug. They giggled and gave each other a group hug.

               "I love them so much!" Zayn exclaimed when they were in the kitchen. 

"They're very sweet young ladies." Liam agreed. 

Smiling, Niall shrugged his shoulders, "You think we can do it?" he asked.

"Of course we can, Nialler. We can take Mommy and Me classes!"

"Mommy and Me? Um, we're men?"

"It's for single men raising kids to." Liam informed, "I saw a poster about it today at the market."

"Erm, I dunno. Sounds a bit awkward."

"It's not....too much."

"I'd rather just stay here and read books or--better yet--call me Mum! She'll know what to do! She can help with Daisy and Stacey to!"

"Don't call her. You know if she comes, she'll take over, coddle you, and spoil you. After she leaves, you'll be lost and dunno what to do." Liam scolded. Sighing, Niall nodded, "Yes, sir."

"We'll raise them on our own. They need us. I'll take Daisy, Zayn take Stacey, and Niall you take Mandy of course. We can do this. I promise you."

              "OH MY GOD!" Liam nearly screamed when he saw Stacey had a tattoo on her arm,  a white muscle shirt, and a black mini skirt. "This outfit!" he shouted.

"It's cute!" Zayn laughed, "She looks like me!"

"Zayn, she's a little girl! She needs to dress little-girl like!"

"I like this way!" Stacey piped up.

"You do?" Liam's eyes widened. She immediately nodded, "It's fun and I feel pretty!"

"See, Liam? Besides, this is my child. You're raising Daisy."

"Right...."

"Where is she anyway?"

"Oh snap!" Liam gasped and hurried out of the room. Giggling, Stacey leaned against Zayn, "I love you, Zaynie!"

"I love you too." he grinned and kissed her nose.

"Can I sleepies with you?!"

"Of course! If you don't tell Uncle Liam, we'll watch a late night movie okay?"

"Shhhh! I won't tell!" she giggled louder.

              Liam found Daisy babying Mandy. "Aw, what're you doing?" he smiled and knelt down in front of them. "I'm being her mommy since she doesn't have one." Daisy whispered. Half smiling, Liam smoothed down Daisy's hair, "You don't have to do that, Daisy. We'll raise you and take care of you."

"But you're not mommys. You don't keep candy in your purse."

"I keep Trident."

"What's that?!" she giggled. 

Grinning, Liam scooped her up, and took Mandy's hand. He let her wobble down the hallway until she reached Niall. "Let her walk, Niall, or she'll never learn." Liam said before leaving the bedroom.

              Niall put down his book and scooped up Mandy. He took off her shoes and socks, leaving her in her pajamas, "Want your juice?"

She nodded and reached for her sippy cup with her tiny fingers. "Here you go, baby." he kissed her temple and hummed to her, "I will always love youuuuu. I will always love youuuu ooooo." he kissed her again and lied her back onto the pile of pillows. He gazed into her big-blue eyes, which made tears well up into his. This was his life now....everything had changed.