Chapter 15: part 2

Start from the beginning

We drove in a comfortable silence until we pulled up to a red light, he placed his fingers on my chin pulling me to look at him and before I had a chance to pull away he said. "Forever is a long time. Are you really ready for that?" 

My heart swelled at the thought of Tobias being my forever but I had to remember that he might not mean forever. I was okay with being his for as long as he would have me but I just hoped that in the end he would still look at me with forever in his eyes.

I raised his hand to my lips and placed a few kisses on his palm, as the lights began to turn he stroked my cheek with the back of his hand before putting both hands on the steering wheel and driving off at a steady speed. After around an hour drive of me trying not to be that "are we there yet?" passenger we drove up quite a few levels of an extremely tall building but not before Tobias excitedly placed a blindfold to cover my eyes.

The car finally stopped and I could feel the cold air around us as Tobias guided me out of the car after hearing the door open. I could hear us getting greeted by another man. I felt Tobias turn me around and guide a big fur coat up my arms and him finally take off the blindfold. As my eyes adjusted to the light I took in the space around us, we were on a very large rooftop that allowed us to see the whole city but that wasn't the main attraction. 

In front of me was a black helicopter sitting on a heliport ramp with a pilot inside preparing the engine. I looked back around to see Tobias swapping his blazer for a black fur coat and looking up at me with a devious smile on his face. The older mans voice who I recognised announced to Tobias that the helicopter was ready for us. My eyes grew wide as I accepted that we were going up in that thing.

"Tobias, I - I'm afraid of heights. What if we -" he smirked at me before shaking his head and walking up to embrace me in his arms. "I'll take care of you, I promise. I won't let anything happen to you, ever. And believe me, the scenery is so worth it. Now, come with me. Please?" He put his hand out for me and I placed my shaky hand in his, slowly walking towards the helicopter.

We both climbed in, completed all of the safety regulations instructed by the pilot. My eyes were shut tightly as I tried to breathe through the fear, I felt a kiss on my cheek and Tobias' hand protectively squeeze mine as he spoke into my ear. "I would never let anything happen to you. Whenever you're ready, open your eyes."

His voice was so soothing, I could already feel my breathing begin to regulate. I focused on the sweet nothings he spoke into my ear as we lifted off into the air, without making me open my eyes he pulled my face towards his and placed a gentle kiss onto my lips. I know that was him asking me to be brave and open my eyes, so I did and I was so damn glad I did. 

I slowly opened my eyes to look out and see the beauty beneath us, we could see everything for miles and miles and it was truly magnificent. The beauty of seeing the city like this was truly breathtaking, I had never seen anything like it. "Tobias this is so beautiful, if only I had my camera -"

I looked over to him to find him holding a Nikon D850 in his hand ready for me to take pictures on it. I couldn't help a huge smile grow on my face "You planned this all along, you knew I would want to -" he began to chuckle and bashfully look down. "I mean, you are a photographer. It was just an assumption." I giggled at his reference, quickly pushing my lips into his, lowly groaning as I let go of him. "Thank you. Now gimme the camera."

He gave me a hearty laugh before passing me the camera, I must have looked like a kid in a candy store as I excitedly bounced up and down as the camera reached my hands. Almost instantly, I started snapping photos.

We watched the city change from tall buildings to scenic areas, hills upon hills and beautiful sights of fresh greenery. It was stunning, the glow from the sun illuminated everything around us making the pictures come out even more magnificent with the natural light.