Look At Me, Look At This

Kibum was revealing in the younger's fear, forgetting how much he loved this. He took it slow, his finger not on the trigger yet, his smile growing as he slowly brought his finger down. That's when Taemin saw an opening.

The younger tackled Kibum, something he honestly wasn't expecting, the gun falling to the ground as they did too. Kibum had to catch his breath, cursing himself for being careless, only to find Taemin quickly had him pinned.

"What are you doing?!" Taemin was scared and Kibum liked it.

"What does it look like? I'm finishing the job" Kibum smirked, but part of him hurt when Taemin's eyes turned sad.

"But the loan sharks are dead! You and Minho got rid of them!" Taemin was desperate to understand, "Why are you suddenly after me?"

"Because I'm a assassin Taemin, killing is what I do!" Kibum brought one leg up and kicked Taemin in the stomach, making the younger loosen his grip so Kibum could slip out.

Kibum now had Taemin pinned, his hands around his neck, the panic in Taemin's eyes not making him smile like he thought it would.

"Kibum.. Ple-ase" Taemin choked out, hands on Kibum's.

He found his grip loosening, but his hands were still on Taemin's throat. Taemin coughed a little, taking large breaths in to regain what he'd lost. Kibum removed one hand, using it to pull out a knife to hold up to the younger's neck to keep him still.

"Don't do this, Kibum" Taemin pleaded, "If you do, you'll be alone"

"How do you still have sympathy for someone holding a knife to your throat?!" Kibum was angry and added pressure to the knife.

"Because you're my friend" There was that word again, Kibum was beginning to hate it.

"Liar!" Kibum yelled, "You're just saying that so I won't slit your throat! You and Jinki just throw that word around and hope it gets you what you want!" Kibum was outraged, but something was still stopping him from hurting Taemin.

"Why would I lie to you? After everything, why?" Taemin asked, tears welling up.

"What a dumb question, I'm holding your life in my hands!" Kibum held the knife up to his face for emphasis.

"Then why do you keep giving me chances to escape? Taking your time with the gun? Stopping choking me? Even now you haven't even cut me with that knife Kibum" Taemin pointed out, a tear falling.

"I'm not, I could end your life in an instant" Kibum insisted, placing the knife back to his throat.

"Then why haven't you?" His voice was shaky, and Kibum got flashbacks to him and Jinki's conversation.

Why hasn't he? Killing comes easy to him, yet he couldn't bring himself to even hurt Taemin. It was for Minho, it had to be, Minho was his only weakness. If he killed Minho's friend then he would've made him cry, and he hated seeing Minho cry. Yes, that was it, it's all Minho's fault, for making Kibum fall in love and giving him a weakness.

"S-Stop" Taemin's voice was full of pain, and Kibum looked down to see a dark red line on the side of his neck.

He pulled the knife away, silently glad that the cut wasn't deep. Kibum didn't know what to say, part of his heart hurt to see the blood beginning to come out of the younger. Did he actually care for him? Surely not, he's just Minho's friend, and Minho wouldn't want to see his friend hurt so neither did Kibum.

"Kibum?" Taemin asked despite the lingering fear in his eyes.

"Why.. Do you consider me your friend?" Kibum was genuinely curious.

"Because you're part of the reason I'm here right now, even if that wasn't your original plan" Taemin told him.

"But that doesn't excuse what I almost did" Kibum got off of the younger.

"You saved my life instead of taking it" Taemin sat up beside him.

"I was about to take it tonight" Kibum looked at the knife in disgust, "Over what? My pride?" Kibum was angry at himself now.

"Are you okay?" Kibum was surprised at the question.

"You'd rather ask a murderer if he's okay instead of running away?" Kibum gave the younger a somber look.

"Of course, you're human too" Taemin nodded and Kibum couldn't help the small smile that crossed his lips.

"I'm glad you think so" Kibum looked down at his hands, tossing the knife to the side, "I guess you guys know me better than I thought"

The two sat in silence for a little bit, Kibum trying to put his thoughts together. On one hand he told himself it was just because of Minho, but on the other he began to consider the fact that they were his friends too. It was still a hard thing to wrap his head around, these people he had seemingly terrorized wanted to be his friend, but he guessed emotions were a lot more complex than that.

"Would you say.. That we're friends?" Kibum asked carefully, still afraid Taemin might run.

"I think we are" Taemin confirmed, and although Kibum had heard it before he still couldn't quite believe it.

"You're serious? You're not just saying that?" Kibum had to be sure before he made his final decision.

Taemin didn't answer with words, instead he pulled the older into a hug, and Kibum doesn't remember the last true hug he's had. At least, the last true one that wasn't with Minho. Kibum held back tears as he found himself hugging Taemin back, but he couldn't stop the tears from spilling over onto the younger's shoulder. He had a friend, not a work friend, not some pawn to get to his victim, not just Minho, he had another real life friend.

"I'm sorry" Kibum sputtered out, suddenly overly emotional, "I didn't think anyone but Minho could... Or ever would... Consider me their friend"

Taemin rubbed his back for comfort, "It's okay" Kibum hid his face in the younger's shoulder.

The shock of forgiveness hit him for the second time, but it was just as hard. Him, a killer, and Taemin, his victim, forgiving him. And that's when Kibum decided, there was no way he was leaving his friends. The weakness Kibum had always hated having had quadrupled, but this time he wasn't mad.

Kibum finally allowed himself to be weak.