Outside Of My Window

There was a moment of relief when Jinki saw Jonghyun and Taemin outside of Minho's room, he was happy to see Kibum hadn't gotten to his friend yet.

"Hey guys" Jinki called, waving at his friends.

They smiled and waved back, greetings flowing out as Jinki hugged them both at once.

"How's Minho been?" Taemin asked, and that's when Jinki noticed the bandage.

"Recovering as normal, what happened there?" Jinki was worried now, had Kibum tried and failed? Would he try again?

"Oh, neighborhood cat, she's usually nice but I guess I held her too long" Taemin talked with his hands, and Jonghyun reached to grab one as if calming him down.

"I made sure he cleaned it, didn't want it getting infected" Jonghyun added, and Jinki nodded.

"I hope it heals quickly" Jinki told him, "Do you two want to go in first?"

Taemin nodded and Jonghyun smiled at the younger.

"Before we go, we have something to tell you" Jonghyun brought his smile to Jinki.

Taemin joined Jonghyun in smiling at their friend, bringing their linked hands up, "We started dating last night"

Jinki was the last to smile, clapping for his friends, "I'm so happy for you two!"

"Thank you" Jonghyun was blushing now and Taemin was admiring his boyfriend.

"Now hurry up and get in there, Minho will want to hear the good news!" Jinki gestured to the door and the couple complied, leaving Jinki alone in the hall.

He sat down in one of the chairs, his smile sticking to his face from the news. Although, it didn't last long as he thought back to Kibum, now scared for the couple's future. Minho's trust in Kibum gave Jinki a sliver of hope, but it wasn't enough as he found himself cursing himself for putting Taemin's life on the line for what seemed to be the second time. What kind of a friend was he? All he knew was that he wasn't a good one, not anymore.

"Lee Jinki?" The voice brought him out of his thoughts, making him stand to face the figure.

As he got closer, he could make out Kibum's face, the younger beginning to jog towards him.

"Kibum?" Jinki asked as the man kept his pace, finally crashing into Jinki.

The hug took him by surprise, he didn't think Kibum was the type to hug people, especially not Jinki. But Jinki hugged back, not wanting the kind act to be in vain. They pulled apart and Kibum's smile confused Jinki.

"Why are you so happy?" Jinki asked, smiling a little himself.

"I just, I'm starting to realize that I have friends that aren't Minho" Kibum was truthful, "And, I wanted to tell you that you don't have to worry about Taemin"

"You mean?" Jinki felt lighter as Kibum nodded.

"And I'm not leaving either, you guys are my friends" Everytime Kibum said that, he seemed to get happier.

"That's great!" Jinki smiled, "Taemin and Jonghyun are in there right now, if you want alone time with Minho then I'll wait to go in"

Kibum shook his head, "I'll be fine, I need to talk to Jonghyun anyway, he deserves an apology" Jinki's shock at Kibum would be an understatement, he was completely bewildered.

"What changed you so much in a short amount of time?" Jinki chuckled and Kibum joined him.

"I guess I had a sort of revelation" Kibum was serious, but Jinki nodded in understanding.

"Well, I'm glad you're here to stay"