There's A Vortex

"I have money saved under an alias, I plan to go to another country, maybe somewhere in Europe" Kibum didn't sound excited.

"Why?" Was all Jinki could think to ask, he didn't want to stop Kibum if this was something he actually wanted.

"Why not? I'm young, I could explore the world" Kibum answered, almost sounding like he was trying to convince himself.

"Is that the truth?" Jinki found himself concerned for the younger.

"Why do you care?" Kibum glared at him.

"You're my friend, Kibum" Jinki saw his gaze soften at the word.

"Pretty sure friends don't attempt to kill your other friends" Kibum scoffed.

"Were you planning on telling everyone goodbye?" Jinki ignored the information, deciding to talk about it another time.

"I don't have to, I don't belong so no one would mind" Kibum answered, hurt by his own words.

"Who says you don't belong? Who says we wouldn't miss you?" Jinki asked, making Kibum audibly sigh.

"I thought you'd be happy, your boyfriend's ex getting out of the picture, the person you never trusted leaving, why are you trying to get me to stay?" Kibum tried to sound irritated.

"I don't want you to make a decision you'll regret" Jinki told him simply, Kibum nodding.

"How are all of you like this? Why don't any of you hate me by now?!" Kibum shocked both of them by yelling.

Jinki paused for a moment, "Because.. Deep down, I don't think you're as bad as you think you are"

There was a silence as Kibum looked away, both thinking about what was said. Then, Kibum began to laugh, softly at first, gradually growing louder.

"Me? A murderer? Not being a bad person?" Kibum covered his mouth as he laughed more, now unsettling Jinki, "Just because Minho's got a conscience doesn't mean I do, you think I felt bad for all those people?! You think I couldn't go back on my word and kill Taemin?!" Kibum got closer, but Jinki stood his ground, not letting the younger have the satisfaction of scaring him.

"Then why haven't you?" Jinki's voice was steady, and Kibum looked surprised, "I'm sure you've had plenty of chances, what's stopping you?" Jinki held no anger in his gaze, there was almost nothing in it at all.

Kibum just stared at Jinki in a mix of defiance and loss for words, the older holding the stare with a now somewhat cold look.

Kibum took a deep breath, "Do you just want your friend to die?!" Kibum grabbed Jinki's shirt, but the older didn't flinch, as if he expected Kibum to lash out.

The younger waited for Jinki to speak, anger filling him as the air between them stayed still.

"Fine" Kibum let go of Jinki, "When you find Taemin's lifeless body, you can tell everyone it's your fault" Kibum glared at the older, holding it as he turned around and walked away.

AN: Sorry this one is so short, but the next few chapters will come out in the next few days, please look forward to it!