If It's Poison

Everything was set up and ready, so once the doorbell rang he answered quickly. He smiled at the man, recognizing his face from the file he was given.

"Hello, are you Hyunsoo?" Minho asked and the man nodded.

"And you must be Minho" He smiled as Minho led him into the apartment.

"Well, this is the apartment, it's very spacious and homey. My room is the first door on the right, yours would be at the end of the hall" Minho lied, gesturing down the hall and Hyunsoo nodded.

"It's very nice, and the rent isn't that bad" Hyunsoo started down the hall and then stopped and turned to face Minho, "There's no bug problem right? Or noisy neighbors or something?"

Minho chuckled in relief, "No, nothing like that, I bring in a good amount of money so my roommate doesn't need to chip in as much" Minho wished this would hurry up.

"Ah, what do you do?" Hyunsoo asked as Minho started walking towards his real room.

"I work at a law firm, long hours but good pay" Minho told him and smiled when Hyunsoo followed him, "Don't mind the tarps, I was planning on repainting the room if you don't move in"

Hyunsoo walked into the room, the tarps crinkling under his feet, the sound merging with Minho's own footsteps as he moved between Hyunsoo and the door.

"It's a really nice room, what color were you thinking?" Hyunsoo asked, and Minho reached behind his back for his concealed knife.

"I was thinking something warm, like red" Minho came closer, Hyunsoo paying more attention to the bed than Minho.

"A pastel yellow would-" Hyunsoo stopped when Minho held the knife against his neck.

"I don't care for yellows" Minho replied, smiling as Hyunsoo's breathing became erratic.

"Wh-What are you doing?" Hyunsoo asked in an attempt to be brave.

"Well, someone wants you dead Hyunsoo, and I'm just the assassin paid to do it" Minho explained, walking around Hyunsoo so he could look him in the eyes.

"P-Please just l-let me go-o" Hyunsoo pleaded and Minho scoffed.

"And get myself fired? I'd rather not" Minho told him.

"Who wa-ants me de-ad?" Hyunsoo asked and Minho just shrugged.

"The boss gave me the file and told me not to ask questions, they didn't want to be found out" Minho explained.

"H-How much? Can I buy my li-ife back?" Hyunsoo asked and Minho just shook his head.

"We only work one way, no returns and no trades, sorry" Minho mockingly apologized, watching a tear slide down Hyunsoo's cheek.

"Is there no way I can convince you to let me go?" Hyunsoo asked and Minho pretended to think.

He made a humming sound, finally deciding to shake his head at Hyunsoo.

"Don't worry, it'll be over soon" Minho smiled and Hyunsoo swallowed hard.

Minho brought the knife down a little, planning to stab him in the stomach, his eyes still on Hyunsoo. So when a fist came towards him, he dodged it easily, plunging the knife into his chest instead.

"You ba-astard" Hyunsoo spoke, his face twisted in pain.

"You don't even know" Minho replied, taking the knife out and now pushing it into Hyunsoo's stomach, twisting it.

Hyunsoo coughed up blood, the life leaving his eyes, something Minho's seen too many times. And finally with a loud thud, Hyunsoo collapsed onto the floor, bleeding out onto the tarps. Minho took a deep breath, looking down the see the fresh blood stains on his t-shirt. He sighed, deciding it may be better to just throw the shirt out instead of trying to wash the blood out, a good fire will get rid of it.

He crouched down beside Hyunsoo, checking for a pulse, just to make sure he had finished the job. The knife went into his chest again, as Minho thought he felt a pulse for a second. Another sigh as he pulled the knife out and laid it on the tarp over his bed. He laughed softly to himself, the tarps were a great idea, less to cleanup.

Minho stood up, looking down at Hyunsoo, then at his hands, he needed to wash up. He turned towards the door, then his heart jumped out of his chest.

"Jinki.." Minho spoke softly, his eyes on his boyfriend in the doorway.

This wasn't happening, Jinki couldn't know, he couldn't see Minho like this. He wasn't supposed to be home for hours, Minho had planned this perfectly, this couldn't be happening.

The fear in Jinki's eyes broke Minho to pieces.

It's over isn't it?