What do you remember?

Chapter 5
(Chapter 5 is the final chapter 😀)

{Phoenix Wright}
"Ahhh... My... My head..." I said to myself as I sat up. "Where... Where am I?" I look around to find myself in a hospital bed. I rubbed my head to look beside me to find Miles. "Miles!" I jumped out of the bed to go stand by him. He seemed to be fine as he peacefully sleeps. I sigh in relief as he starts to wake up too. "Phoenix?" He said quietly. I nod to him as I show a smile. "I'm glad your okay!" I said cheerfully. He nodded as he sits up doing the same things I did. "What are we doing here?" He asked as he starts to get out of bed. I began to shrug as I get out of his way. "I have no clue." Miles gave me a  glance as he walks straight out of the room, then I began to tail him.

We wondered the long hallways to finally run into familiar faces. "Mr.Armando, Pearls, Gumshoe, Larry, and... Franziska!?" Godot quickly jumped out of his chair to push me against the wall. "How is Maya?" Maya? Oh... Oh! I remember now! "I... I didn't get to see her..." His jaw dropped in shock. "Wha... What do you mean you didn't get to see her?" I tried to give a reason why... But everything was a blur. I looked at Miles, but he showed no care as he walks over to Franziska.

Godot lets go of me, and goes to yell at the lady at the desk, "I DAMAND TO GO SEE MAYA!" The lady jumped up looking scared by the sudden yelling coming from him which he seemed to be so calm and collected threw the entire process. I decided to walk away from the situation, and walk straight to the rest of my friends. "Is Maya okay?" Gumshoe asked Miles worried craving for a answer. Miles shrugged, "I haven't seen her yet." Gumshoe nods beating himself up... Well not really, but maybe in his head... He looks like he is. He's been having it hard, but it isn't something he should blame himself for. He didn't do anything wrong. Well all we did was just sit around and talk.

I decided to get away and to lean on to the wall and give everyone space. "She's still resting so I suggest-" the lady was saying till she was cut off by Godot, "AT LEAST LET US CHECK UP ON HER!" I tried to ignore there conversation, but it was so loud, "Sir... We need you to calm down. Or we have to bring in security to take you out." Godot looked at her for a long while. He slammed his fist on to the desk, and walked away angrily. He left to go probably get some fresh air, Pearls also went to go join him.

"How you holding up?" A voice said to me. I looked to we're the sound was coming from, and it was Miles. "Oh... Not the best... I'm worried about Maya." He nods, "Same here... But is it just me, or... Dose it feel like I forgotten somethings that seem important." Huh? What's this all about? "What do you mean?" I asked. Miles touched his head, "Never mind... I just... I just felt like something is missing..." Odd, but... I feel like that too, and I didn't think anything of it. I shrugged and gave him a smile, "Hey! What ever it is... I'm sure it's nothing... But if it's bothering you. You can tell me." He nods and shows a slight smile, "thanks Phoenix." I nod back, "anytime!" He didn't leave as I expected him to. He stayed leaned on to the same wall next to me. But... He was quiet.

And a couple minutes later... Miles seemed to be lost in thought. "What you thinking about?" I asked. He seemed to snap out of it and just shook his head, "I'm just trying to remember." He's still wandering on what he forgot? Huh... "What... do you remember?" I asked. He looked away. "I... I remember... That we had a case. With some strange girl that shot me on the arm. Then a blur... After that I woke up... I didn't remember much, but I... I remember thanking you for something. And that we had plans to go eat together. Well I promised you we go eat. So we went and everything was pretty well. After I dropped you off- Ah.... I'm not sure..." He stopped. He looked so lost. Like he went into a maze and he couldn't remember how he get back out. "Is that it?"

He glanced at me for a moment, "I remember leaving my house with you and then Gumshoe was there. He was in such a panic that he couldn't really speak. He told us Maya was at the hospital... So that's why we are here. But... Why were we in the hospital beds? Did something happen to us?" I shrugged, "I don't know but hey... At least we are still standing, we are still here." He nods in agreement, "yeah... Yeah your right Phoenix. Your right." I smile and thought about Maya. Maya... I hope your okay.