Should I tell him?

{Phoenix Wright}
"Im sorry Ms, but we are JUST FRIENDS, AND NEVER WILL BE IN ANY OTHER SORT OF RELATIONSHIP OTHER THEN THAT!" I looked at Edgeworth, but he quickly looked away from us. My heart has quickly crumbling. But, why am I so hurt by his words I never had feelings for him. Hmm, maybe till now, but still. I wanted my soul to just get out of my body, and fly away, so I could join Mia, but I need to keep it in as hard as possible. I see that the waitress looked really scared of Edgeworth, you could really tell from the look on her face. I try to light the mood with a fake laugh, "your pretty funny Ms, hehe," even though I wish it wasn't a joke at all.

The waitress finally made it so we could have a seat were no one was really around. Its just a room that has a really nice view of the whole town. We told her what we wanted to drink and she goes to run off to do her thing. Me and Miles say nothing to each other, and she comes back holding the two green teas we order from her. She leaves again as we told her what we wanted to have for breakfast. I look up to see Edgeworth looking out the window holding the tea in one hand and taking a sip. Then something came to me, "So if you don't mind me asking, why did you choose the case with Larry?" It's been bugging me since I saw his face there, as the prosecutor. "I just wanted to help him out, by being easy on you, so you could give him a not guilty verdict, and since you did mess up my streak what could go wrong of losing again." He takes a sip of his green tea again, so he was trying to help me and Larry? Im glad he really does care, I give him a really big smile to show my appreciation.

Also a other thing that's bugging me is that... should I tell him? Ugh, I'm so worried what if he thinks of me less. I swallowed really hard. "H...hey Mile I... I have something important to say to you, and I been wanting to ask y... you for a very, very l... long time now." Not really long but...I can't help to say. He puts the cup of tea down and gives me a interested look "Ok then, I'm listening." I breath in and out trying to control my heart rate from exploding. I smile at him, "Miles I wanted to tell you that I-," then I got cut off, (Miles I wanted to tell you that I think I'm starting to fall in love with a guy... A guy who has been my best friend since we were nine. And I wasn't in love with him at first sight, my love for him formed gradually. His personality, voice, his hair, his eyes, his humor, and the way he looks away as he smiles, gradually it came clear to me, that you were exactly what I was looking for.) But that couldn't happen, hehe. I should have know that it can't be that easy.

The waitress came in with the trays of food on a cart with other good looking stuff. I could see Miles was dying to now what I was going to say by his curiosity, he gives a bit of a ugly expression, while he staired at the waitress, he crosses his arms and tries to control his annoyance. She slowly places the plates down and the food smelt great, but not the best as what Edgeworth cooked for me yesterday. "Is there anything else you need?" The lady said with a sweet tone. "Yes actually, I would like something," I just waited for her to leave already. "What could that be, sir?" she looked at him waiting his response, "I like you to give me room," Miles said with a meaner response. "More room? Oh sorry, I'll leave you guys alone," she jumped and quickly ran out with the cart. I was really confused. Miles sighed, "Anyway as you were saying." Maybe this might not that be the right time to bring this up. "Hehe, I uh... forgot," I looked away scratching my face. I see more annoyance in his eyes, "you made me get her to leave in the most rudest tone for you to say I forgot? I know your hiding something Wright!" I gulped since he could tell im lying. Maybe a other time Edgeworth. "Im telling you I forgot," I slam on the table with a serious look. Miles shook his head, "I could tell you change your mind on telling me this important thing you had to say. So I guess I'll let the leash go this one time." I sit back on the chair with a sigh of relief. Miles looked at me and smirked "Ah, one second thought I change my mind. Please do tell~" I jumped up, "hey, that's not fair!" He laughs at me, and shakes his head trying to get his hair off his face, "your the one who changed your mind first." Ugh, he's got a point, but he's the one that changed his mind in like 6 seconds, "Anyways," he said as he was done joking with me, "lets eat the food. It might be getting cold." I agreed.

Twenty-seven minutes later, we were close to being finished. But I noticed that I couldn't stop looking at him. He would notice that I stare at him too, and he wouldn't mind at all, till now. "What's with the staring Wright? Is there a reason and not saying anything?" In my mind I'm like, because I like what I see. But of course I can't tell him that... He kill me with cringe. So I had a plan. I grabbed my napkin, and stood up to reach my arm out so I can pretend to take something of his face. I aimed near his lips and rubbed it softly. I see his face turn red really quickly. We made eye contact when I put my arm down. I feel my face turn red, too. "Wha-" I cut him off saying "You had something there." Which was a lie, but I smiled at him. His eyes were so beautiful I love to stare at them for a while longer, but I sat back down and pretended like nothing happend. "You know that I could have got it myself," He said with a angery tone. I rolled my eyes thinking that he will never change.

We finally finished and went to the front desk to pay. "That be 8000 yen ($73.95)." My jaw dropped thats expensive. No one told me how much this place cost for just breakfast. "Here I'm paying for me and my friend." I jumped by his words. "Miles are you sure?" He gave me a confused look. "Yeah, I'm sure. Or unless you want to pay for it." Uhh, I can't I dont have the money. "Well sadly I cant." I look down defeated. He chuckles to himself. "Oh, and can I have some noddles to go. Thank you." Noodles? Oh Maya, I forgot about her again, why do I always seem to forget her? We finally left the restaurant while I hold a cup of noodles in my hand. "You now, I kinda had fun today." Is he really saying that? "Yeah, same here. And sorry about dragging you out of your work time." He stops to look at me.

{Flash back}
When we were eating earlier Miles had a phone call. He picked up his phone to see who it was. I could see the disgust on his face as he looked at his phone. Im sure its from his work. He gave me a sigh, "excuse me I need to take this." I nod as I see him leave. Maybe I shouldn't have dragged him out of his working times I thought to myself. He could get in to trouble, if this keeps up.

"Hey, it's fine don't worry about it. I always wanted someone to drag me out of work for years. Plus you win in this deal, I'll tell you that," He gave me a sweet smile. Yes! I don't know how but I won! And I mean Larry asked to hang with you a while back, but im happy to spend time with him myself. We went in his car, he turned the keys so the car would turn on, but love music started playing out of no where. He quickly tried to turn the music off. I could see his embarrassed face behind his hair. I giggled to myself. And we started to head to my place. It was quiet, for the entire drive. Then we were at are destination. This is the part where we go are separate ways. We both got out of the car to say are goodbyes, for now. I couldn't contain myself, and so I went to give him a hug as a thanks, he didn't now what to do so he just pet me on the head and one arm around me. I wisperd to him on the ear, "Hey if you need anything call me I'm happy to help, or hang with you." We both let go of each other, and I see his smile as he walks away saying, "I'll keep that in mind." I walked away to think what would happen next. I went in, and gave Maya her noodles, I see her face filled with joy, and I went straight to my room to do nothing, but sleep.

Then the next day. Maya noticed me doing the edgy backwards chair-sitting, while looking at my phone on the table intensely. "Umm, Pheonix what are you doing?" I didn't hear her come in, so it startled me. I try to sit up, but fell with the chair. "Uhh, nothing..." I yelled at her. She looks at me with suspicion in her eyes. "Hmm, ok... I was just worried since the first thing you did when you got up from bed was sit there, and staired at that phone for all most... three hours." Huh, really? It only felt like fifteen minutes. I look at the clock to check the time. Oh, it really has been almost three hours. I laugh to myself trying to get up. I sighed while I fixed the chair. "I guess I have to let him go for today," I said with a sad expression. "Let, HIM, go? Wait you don't mean Mr.Edgeworth, right?" She started asking me questions, as I rolled my eyes. Then, *ring, ring.* I snatched my phone, like a hawk catching its prey. "It's, Edgeworth." I said to myself panicking. "Answer it then," she said putting her hands together. I was nervous, but I collected all my courage, and went to click the call button, but... it hung up on me. Ah... I was to slow? Maya looked at me confused. "What happened?" she asked. "Don't worry," I told her. I leave to my room to call him back. It took a while, but he answered... Finally, "Hey you called Edgeworth?" I asked. He sighed, "yeah, I did." He sounds really nervous, but he continued to talk, "Phoenix I have a request." A request? I wonder what that could be.