Happiness

CASSANDRAS POV

            “No way” I was on the phone with Ryan at the store. I needed some things. Me and Ryan were talking about him meeting a cute girl. “So what is she like?” “Amazing, Cassandra, she is funny, sweet, caring and just supportive” I smiled “That's great” “What about you, meet anyone?” “Well there is this one dude” “Who?” My face got red. I'm glad he couldn’t see it. I looked around to see if anyone was around ”Chad”      “no way” I started to laugh “oh shut up” He laughed “No I'm joking, but really since when?” “Since the first time I met him. We went out on a date last night” “Oh really what did yall do?” I pushed my basket and finished telling him the story. “He took me out to the skating ring” “Nice” I smiled remember how much fun I had. “Yeah it was fun” “Good, Did he make any moves yet?” “no not yet” “bad thing?” “Nope, I like it like this, I rather us not rushing things you know?”  “Yeah but you don’t want it too slow right?” “OH yeah big time”

            “I miss you Cassandra” “I know I miss you too” “You know your mom has been calling over here?” “Really?” “Yeah, she passed by the other day to see if you really weren’t here” “what did you tell her?” “I said she really did and she just left” I shook my head “She will never give up wont she” “Cassandra, she is your mother” “I know” I looked around “Look I got to go” “Okay ima go visit when I have a chance” “Okay see you” “See ya”

            I got off the phone thinking about my mom. I can’t believe she would be so shallow. I'm not a liar like her. On the way home she just kept running through my head. What am I going to do? I shook it off and went order me something to eat. I went through the drive through and got Jake something. My phone started to ring it was Chad. “Hello” “Hey beautiful” I smiled “Whats up?” “Where are you at?” “I'm at the drive through why?” “Okay because we are about to leave and we need someone to watch Jake” “I'm on my way” “Okay see you soon” “okay” and before I could hang up “Cassandra” “yeah?” “I had a great time last night” I smiled “Me too”

            Butterflies were in my tummy. I had forgotten the boys were leaving to go to a dinner party; Today makes three years of winning ABDC, so tonight was a big night. When I got there they were all in suits. They looked so handsome. I gave Jake his food and took pictures for them. Chad Smiled at me. I smiled back. Before they left, Chad came up to me. “Hey after I was wondering would you love to go some where’s with me for a while?” “Sure I would love to” He kissed me on the cheek and left with the boys.

CHADS POV

            After I kissed Cassandras cheek I felt Law staring at me. I thought what am I doing? He is her sister. I hope he isn’t mad at me. I wanted to take Cassandra some place quiet, just the two of us. I used to go there when I was a kid. Then I thought “Should I ask Law first?” He is my best friend; I would kill me if I dated his sister without his permission.

            He didn’t even know me and Cassandra went out on a date last night. For some reason Law didn’t ride with us. He rode with Dumbo and Can. My stomach started to turn. Lord please dont let him be mad at me. When we got there I was super nervous. We all had our sunglasses on. It was a nice party. Girls’ dancing everywhere, the music was loud and great. I wanted to dance. Charles saw some girls. They laughed and waved at us. Charles hit me in the stomach “Hey you see them girls?” “Yes why?” “They want us” I couldn’t help but laugh. “Come on” I shook my head and followed him. In the corner of my eyes I saw Law staring at me.

            I swallowed hard. When we walked up to them one of the girls was all over Charles Flirting with him. I was feeling uncomfortable. I could feel laws eyes on me. Dumbo came to us giving us drinks. “Drink up” I laughed and took it. I needed this. One of the girls was smiling at me. “Hello” She came up to me “You wouldn’t happen to be Chad mayate?” I smiled “Maybe I am, maybe I'm not” She laughed and pushed me “You are funny, want to dance?” “Nah” “Oh come on, show me your moves” She grabbed me by my Tie and lead me to the dance floor. I wanted to pull away but I was half way done with my drink and I was feeling good. Charles was hollering my name. “Get you some Chad”