Lovers?

Serena's POV

I leant in for the kiss, because why not? I kinda liked Ash. I don't know if he feels the same way about me because as I leant in, his eyes flickered open.

"Sere?" He began, "what were you doing?" he finished his question. Without hesitation, I replied. "Watching you sleep. I know that sounds weird, but I just wanted to make sure you were okay." I replied, with an absolute lie. I was going to kiss him. Why? There was no need to. You know what? Screw it!

I kissed him. On the lips. I held it for a solid 30 seconds before Ash finally ended the kiss.

He looked flustered. I understand why. This was out of the norm for both of us.

"Uhh... sorry." I started
"No, it's fine." Ash replied.
"No it really isn't, I'm out of order for that."
"No you're not"

If I had feelings this was the best time to show them to Ash. I did have feelings for him. For a long time now. Since those rumors surfaced 2 years ago. Since Miette and Calem started them. I slowly developed feelings for Ash. This whole time I denied it but I know I do now. It was now or never. I brushed my blonde hair out of my face. I stared Ash straight in the eyes.

"I... love you."

There, I did it, now I could say that I tried.

Ash's POV

"I... love you."

She confirmed it. The rumors. Wow, that was unexpected. I didn't know she had feelings for me. How was I supposed to? She wasn't exactly obvious.

Well. I don't know what to do now. Reject her in her own house, her own bed. No, however, I wasn't sure.

"Um, Serena.." she was staring at me with both ambition and sadness in her eyes. She had no clue which way this was going.

"I.."

~fin~

sequel coming soon