𝑥𝑥𝑖𝑣. 𝗄𝗂𝗅𝗅𝖾𝗋 𝗍𝗋𝗎𝖼𝗄

Start from the beginning

"I'm a scary one all right, well, usually things get worked out. When you really want them to."

Dean hesitates, "You know, I'm still really involved. With my dad's work."

Cassie leans up on one elbow to look down at Dean, "No more excuses ok? From you or me."

"Ok."

They start kissing. Dean's phone rings and he reaches for it.

"Yeah."

Dean listens and looks startled, "You're kidding!"

✫☆✫

It is snowing. Dean approaches Sam and Elena, Sam is talking to a cop.

Sam puts away some sort of id, "He's with us."

The cop leaves. Sam and Elena turn to Dean with a half smile.

"Where were you last night? You didn't make it back to the hotel." Elena asks.

"Well."

"I'm guessing you guys worked things out?" Sam questioned.

"We'll be working things out when we're ninety. So what happened?"

"Every bone crushed. Internal organ's turned to pudding. The cops are all stumped, it's like something ran him over."

"Something like a truck?" Dean questions.

"Yep." Elena replied.

"Tracks?"

"Nope."

"What was the Mayor doing here anyway?"

"He owned the property. Bought it a few weeks ago."

"But he's white, he doesn't fit the pattern."

"Killings didn't happen up on the road. That doesn't fit either."
✫☆✫

At a newspaper office, Cassie makes two mugs of tea and takes them over to where Dean sits at a computer.

"Here."

"Thanks. So I'm trying to find some link between those killings back in the '60s and what's going on now. There wasn't a lot about it in the paper."

"Not surprising. Probably minimal policework too. Back then equal justice under the law wasn't too literal around here."

Dean's phone rings, "Yeah."

Elena is on the other line, "Ok, the courthouse records show that Mr and Mrs Mayor bought an abandoned property. The previous owner was the Dorian family for, like, 150 years."

"Dorian?"

"Yeah."

Dean turns to Cassie, "Didn't you say the Dorian family used to own this paper?"

Cassie nods, "Along with everything else around here. Real pillars of the town."

"Right, right."