Chapter 11; Somewhere To Belong

Smosh Winter Games (Damien Haas x Reader)
Chapter 11; Somewhere To Belong
Word Count; 2389

------------Y/N's POV------------

"Smosh Winter Games!" I screamed along with everyone else, glad that we decided to bring chairs outside.

"Good Mythical Morning!" Matt laughed, stepping out in front of everyone Sunny at his side.

"Today we woke everyone up super early," Sunny explained, pointing to all of our tired faces, "YouTube doesn't sleep so neither do they."

Nodding along I sighed and wrapped my arm around Courtney's shoulders and leaned into her, the sun barely over the horizon so the freezing night temperatures hadn't totally gone away. Courtney smiled at me and turned to hug my side, pulling her hood up over her head.

Holding up cue cards from behind his back Matt waggled them back and forth, "here I hold questions. Questions you have to answer in able to get out."

"Get out of what?" Sunny asked Matt, his voice a mocking tone as he shrugged his shoulders in the most dramatic way I've ever seen anyone shrug their shoulders.

Turning to eye us briefly Matt smiled evilly at us, "thank you for asking Sunny. Out of those!" Pointing out to the side we all followed his finger to two large plastic boxes, a camera crew around them along with piles of towels.

"What is it?" I questioned not looking away from the tubs as I saw a crew member step up to one of them and stick a gloved hand in, pulling out a handful of ice.

"Ice baths!" both men laughed. Quickly dropping the ice the crew member then stepped away, clutching their cold, wet hand to their chest.

I turned around as everyone started to grumble behind me, "what the shit," I whispered underneath my breath as I faced both teams. They all looked to be as shocked and annoyed with this new challenge as I was.

"They're trying to kill us," Noah chuckled. I smiled as I saw that Keith was stood behind him his arms wrapped around Noah's waist. They both looked happy despite both the freezing morning temperature and the promise of frost bite ahead.

I shook my head and looked around the circle, "let's just get this over with," Lasercorn frowned as he stepped forward.

"That's the spirit! Let's have the teams gather on either side of the tubs please," Sunny instructed. Letting go of Courtney I slowly followed everyone as they walked across the lawn and spilt up.

Shuffling around until we were all stood in a place that wasn't blocking someone from the camera and looked good I winced at my still sore knee as Matt, Joe, and Sunny all lined up in front of the main camera ready to present and explain this crap shoot of a challenge.

"We're calling this one Ice Cold," Joe chuckled, tugging his jacket closer around him.

"Basically one person is going to strip down and get in the tub. The only way to get out of the tub is to answer one of our questions correctly. The first team to get all players in and out of our tub of cold misery gets the point!" Sunny smiled and turned to us, gesturing to the tubs.

"Team Captains first!" Matt screamed, using both his hands to point to Lasercorn and I.

Limping forward I lifted my hand in the air, "can I say no because...just, no."

Laughing Matt walked over to me and set his hands on my shoulders once he was close enough, "take off your jacket and get in the ice bath, dear." Patting my shoulder he smiled and walked back to his position. Sighing I looked over and gasped as I saw that Lasercorn had already removed his hoodie and t-shirt, pulling at his the strings on his joggers.