Chapter 9; Life's a Party, You're a Boy

Smosh Winter Games (Damien Haas x Reader)
Chapter 9; Life's a Party, You're a Boy
Word Count; 5367

------------Y/N's POV------------

"5 more minutes," I groaned as Shayne flipped on the room light, screaming at us.

"No! It's almost 10, you guys! Time to wake up," Shayne screamed louder, stepping closer to mine and Damien's bed. I just groaned once more, pulling the blanket over my head.

Yawning next to me Damien didn't seem too irritated with the way he was being woken up...probably from being friends with and living with Shayne for so long. "Shut the hell up," Damien said, followed by the sound of him throwing something at Shayne.

"I'll go away once I know both of you are awake!" he chuckled and suddenly something was thrown on top of my head. Groaning again I just let the pillow sit where it was, too tired to deal with Shayne's shit this early.

"We get it! We're awake, now go away!" the pillow was lifted from my head and once again I heard Shayne let out a small, "oof," as it hit him. I listened as Shayne grumbled something under his breathe as he walked out of the room.

"Twenty minutes!" he yelled as he walked down the hallway.

I just shook my head and burrowed down further into the covers. Panic attacks take a lot out of a person...have I not earned an extra few hours?

"I think it's time to get up, kitten," Damien said softly as he gently tugged the blankets back down, uncovering my face.

Blinking open my eyes I smirked up at him, "yeah. I guess." Using his elbow to prop himself up, he looked down at me with an affectionate look in his eyes. "Why do you look at me like that?"

"Like what?" he asked, shaking his head. The look in his eyes only increasing in the strength of affection.

Shaking my head I just smiled, "never mind."

Huffing out a laugh he just nodded, "okay. I have to take a shower." Pushing himself out of bed he smiled down at me once more before standing up and making his way over to his wardrobe. I watched him open the doors and quickly pluck out a clean black and gray striped long-sleeve shirt, black jeans, and some boxer shorts. Hanging his clothes over one arm he walked to the bathroom, his footsteps drowned out by the chaos downstairs.

Tossing the blankets off of me I yawned, stretching my legs out. Guess I better get up then. Stifling another yawn with my hand I sat up, swinging my legs over the side of the bed. I could hear the sound of everyone talking downstairs alongside the sound of laughter. Shaking my head, smiling, I stood up and bent down to grab my duffle bag full of clothes.

Turning I set the bag on the unmade bed, unzipping it. Sighing I stared down into my bag as the sound of the shower turning on started. Smirking I thought of last night...the good part before things turned to shit. Straddling a shirtless Damien, running my hands up his chest. The feeling of him holding me to him as he kissed me like he needed it. Like he needed me, kissing me, touching me, as much as he needed to breathe. The feeling of being wanted, of falling in love with someone. The safety I felt in his arms as he lulled me back into reality, his demeanor not changing as he took my anxiety attack in stride, willing to help me in any way. The look in his eyes this morning.

The feeling of not being alone anymore.

"Staring into it won't help you get dressed any faster," I jumped, turning to see Olivia standing in the doorway smiling at me.

"I know," I chuckled, "just spaced out for a second. Did Shayne send you up here?"

She shook her head, "no. I swear I came up here by myself. Just wanted to make sure everything was okay." She had a worried glint in her eyes as she asked.