Chapter 3; Shayne was right

Smosh Winter Games (Damien Haas x Reader)
Chapter 3; Shayne was right
Word Count; 5501

~Y/N POV~

I was woken up by someone gently shaking me and whispering, "Y/N, Joven and Laser made breakfast. Wakey, wakey, sleeping beauty." Groaning I just grabbed the blanket I had pulled over myself last night and tossed it over my head. 

Too early. 

"Here, let me," Shayne's voice sounded a little muffled through the blanket...or it could be that my head was now in between the arm of the couch and the back cushion. Without warning my blanket was torn off my body, immediately my skin had goosebumps from the crisp morning air. "Morning!" Shayne shouted. 

Squinting my eyes open I looked up at Shayne, "I hate you." Shaking his head he just threw my blanket across the room and walked out of the living room. Courtney watched Shayne leave, an amused smile plastered on her face. Sighing I pushed myself off the couch, now too cold to want to do anything but too awake to go back to sleep. Stretching as I stood there I could hear people talking in the kitchen as well as people moving around upstairs and a shower running. Wow, it's a lot nosier in here when you're awake. 

"Coming? I don't know how long the boys will be able to resist eating up all the food," Courtney motioned for me to follow her and I just nodded, following in her steps. I didn't realize I had taken off my socks during the night until my bare feet met the cold wood floor of the kitchen. The shock of the sudden cold made a spike of energy shoot through my body. In the mean time Courtney had taken a seat at the table in between Olivia and Keith. Not very many people were down yet, all of the Squad, Joven, Mari, and Lasercorn were all sat at the table. A platter of pancakes rested in the center surrounded by bowls of eggs, bacon, sausage, and some toast. Through it all I could still smell a fresh pot of coffee which made me more excited than the sight of food. 

Ian was stood next to the counter pouring himself a mug of coffee when I slid up next to him. Reaching up I opened the cabinet door above my head and sighed, seeing all of the mugs pushed almost all the way to the back. Pushing myself up on my tip-toes I stuck my arm in the cabinet as far as I could until I caught ahold of a handle. 

"Aha!" I exclaimed loudly and held the mug close to my chest, hugging it. The mug was quite round and white, at the top two cat ears poked up from one side of the lip with a cats face below it. The handle being shaped like a cats tail. Looking back up at Ian I saw he was now watching me with a confused look, one of his eyebrows raised. 

"I could have gotten that for you," he smiled and pushed the pot of coffee over to me. Grinning I grabbed it and filled my mug to the brim. "Creamer?" he pushed two bottles of creamer toward me. 

"Thanks," I said and picked both of them up. One was regular vanilla and the other cinnamon bun. Quirking an eyebrow in interest I set boring vanilla back on the counter and popped open the cinnamon bun flavored one. As soon as I had popped the cap up the smell of cinnamon flooded my senses. Humming I quickly stooped down to gulp enough of my coffee to make room for the cream. 

"You're interesting in the mornings," Ian laughed beside me. I just shrugged and poured the creamer in watching as the dark brew quickly took on a lighter brown tone. 

"I think yesterday was just a long day for me...and the games haven't even started yet!" looking back over at him he nodded, readjusting his glasses before gesturing to the table. Without saying anything we both walked around the dining table, Wes and Noah now sat down. Snagging the empty spot next to Noah I set my mug down before settling into the chair. 

Noah smiled at me, "not a morning person?" 

"No mornings are fine," I shrugged, "I just don't like being woken up by a banshee in the mornings." I glared at Shayne from across the table as he continued to talk to Keith, not hearing me mention him.