{15}

Alexander's POV

We arrived at the Washington's house a couple hours ago. So far we've had some food and watched TV. We're in my room sitting with our backs against the backboard. Martha insisted I have a tv in my room saying it would make me feel "at home". we are currently watching Heathers, the original not the tv show. Christian Slater was about to blow himself up, such a shame, he's a beauty.

"Don't hate me but I think I prefer the musical" John said chuckling. I let out a sigh of relief.

"Finally someone who understands." I exclaim "they dive into character developments so much more and make it seem like JD loves Veronica."

"Yeah and the music's amazing." He looks over at me with a goofy smile.

"True" I return the smile

——————

"So We don't have an extra mattress so you can sleep on the bed and I'll sleep on the floor." I grab one of my blankets and throw it on the ground.

"No way, that's not fair. You live here, I'll sleep on the ground." John Grabs the blanket and places it back on the bed.

"But you're the guest."

"And the guest decides where to sleep. I decide to sleep on the floor." He raises his hand as if to make a royal decree.

"Well your highness," I bow dramatically. "What If I sleep on the floor anyways?"

"Then I'll sleep on the floor with you." He deadpans casually.

"Then how about we both sleep on the bed?" I blush looking away trying to act nonchalant.

"Uhh.. Yeah okay." John gets on the bed and under the covers. I follow suit getting in the double bed awkwardly.

"Hey. Since we watched the movie do you want to watch a Heathers bootleg?" I asked excitedly like a child on christmas morning.

"I'm never able to find one." He replies looking down a bit disappointed.

"I have one in my liked videos on Youtube." John's eyes widen and he nodds quickly.

"What are you waiting for, PLAY IT!!!!!" John yells.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We sit there, belting the final song at the top of our lungs at 2:30 in the morning.

"BEUTIFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUL." We laugh gasping for air.

BZZZ

I grab my phone to see a text from Martha

I'm glad you're having fun but it's a school night.

Oops. I guess she won't know about me skipping.

BZZZ

Please sleep?

I groan a bit at the realization that I will have to lie to Martha and that Mr. Washington will definitely find out because of his position at my school.

"Martha wants us to sleep now." I say putting down my phone and looking over at him.

"That's fine I'm kind of tired anyways." He replies smiling. I return the gesture and slide down the bed under the covers. He does the same and I turn the light off.

A few minutes pass and I couldn't shut my mind off, the thought of having John next to me was nerve wracking. I feel a shift on his side of the bed and look over him to see his eyes focused on mine. I stare back feeling my face heat up and thank the light for being off.

"I just wanted to say, thank you Lexi." He whispered gently.

«Lexi» The last thing my mother called me. Exactly 5 years ago today. No one has called me that since. I think of her sitting her with me in her arms, she was holding me. Why couldn't I have died with her. «I love you, Lexi» Then she drifted off.

I feel warm tears stream down my face. When I look up I see John looking at me, eyes filled with confusion and worry.

"Hey. It's alright." He places a hand on my shoulder, rubbing circles with his thumb. "What's wrong?" I sniffle and wipe away tears from my face.

"Today was the 5th anniversary of my Mother's death." I squeak, my voice breaking half way through. John pulls me into a hug. "She was the last person to call me, Lexi." John gasps.

"I had no idea. I'm sorry."

I retreat from the hug.

"N-No, it's not your fault." I smile the best I can, trying to reassure him. I see him give me a guilty look. "It just caught me off guard."

"Is there anything I can do to help."

"C-Could you hold me? Like you did that night of the s-storm." I looked away expecting him to laugh or refuse. "I feel safe when I'm with you."

John chuckles and pulls me in closer. I turn away so we're both facing the same direction. I feel him get closer and closer until I feel his warmth on my back and his arm around my waist.

"Anything for you Lex." He murmured into my ear, I smile knowing he's right by me and relax into his touch.

Anything for me.