{12}

Alexander's P.O.V

I lie on the floor, still, motionless. Thomas beat me to the ground, the only thing left is pain. I tried fighting back, but to no avail. What was I supposed to do with these skinny arms and tiny frame. I'm helpless, hopeless. There's nothing left for me.

The bell rang a few minutes ago, should I try getting up? I move so that I'm facing the ground and try pushing myself up. With the help of a shelf I stand, as soon as I try walking forwards my knees buckle beneath me. Why bother?

I close my eyes and drift asleep.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Shut the fuck up, fag!" He slaps me across the face. Falling to the ground he proceeds to pull me by my hair so I look dead straight into his dark eyes.

"Ple-please sto-" I'm cut off by him smashing his lips against mine, shoving his tongue roughly in my mouth. I don't move, I can't. I feel frozen in place. He grabs my wrist and though I tried resisting, he overpowered me.

He brought my hand to his bulging jeans. I yelp tearing my hand away, pushing myself away from him as hard as I could. Instantly regretting my decision, being met with a look that could only be described as fuming.

He punches me across the face and I fall back to the ground, I feel him kick my sides and with each hit I scream out. Tears stream down my face.

"If you tell anyone about this, you're dead." He whispers to me through gritted teeth. With that he was gone.

"Alex?! Where'd you go?" A voice wakes me from my dream.Well, flashback. Is that Peggy? Hell, whoever it is I need help. I kick one on my legs hoping to come in contact with something. To my luck (funny word to use right?) I kicked the door. Then again, and again.

"Alex? Are you in there?" Peggy was at the door, I could hear her shake the door handle but Jefferson locked it.

"Peg" I shake out, my voice breaking and weak.

"I'm hear Alex you're going to be alright." I whimper, although I doubt she heard me. "JOHN! COME QUICK!"

John's P.O.V

We've looked for Alex everywhere. We talked to his last period teacher and they said that he was absent. I've left him messages and voicemails but he hasn't answered. I even managed to get his home phone number from Mr. Washington. His wife Martha answered and said Alex hadn't come home. I said he was probably still at school since I didn't want her to worry.

Eliza and Angelica are searching the first floor, Laf and Hercules are searching the second, while Peggy and I search the top floor.

"JOHN! COME QUICK!" Peggy shrieked from the end of the hallway. I ran to her and saw her on the phone with Angelica, telling her to get everyone to the top floor. Nearly hyperventilating.

"Peggy, breath. What's wrong?" I hurried out calmly, slightly losing my breath.

"Alex is locked in there." she said worriedly, pacing back and forth in the hallway. Who could do such a thing to Alex, he's one of the sweetest people I've ever met.

"Alex. What happened?" I say loud enough to be heard on the other side of the door.

"John?" Was all I got back and by the sound of things he wasn't doing good.

"Alex, stand away from the door." I walked to the other opposite side of the hallway to the door. Running as fast as I can I ram the door. The only thing I get is a hurt shoulder.

"Mon ami. Que fais-tu?" I heard Laf yell from the elevator.

"Alex is locked in there and sounds like he's in pain. Herc help me out." I shout, rushed. The strong and muscled man ran over and on three we charged the door. It's our third attempt and we manage to break in.

The sight in front of me is horrific. Alex is on the ground in a ball. His face is bruising and he has cuts around his lip, jaw and forehead. I gasp and rush to his side.

"Alex." I say, he looks over at me and even in a situation like this his eyes light up.

"Hi there." He smirks in a flirtatious tone. How is he joking around at a time like this. He was just attacked. I pick him up bridal style and bring him down to the bathroom. Since it's after school hours, we all go into the boys'. I lay him down on the counter

Eliza and Lafayette take a look at him since they did CPR training and a bunch of courses like that.

"What happened?" Eliza asked calmly. Checking his vision and shit. Alex looked away and scowled.

"Thomas Jefferson." He growled. Laf looked at him with a sad look.

"Because of class?" Lafayette asked. Sympathy coating his words. Alex nodded, probably not wanting to talk about it. Peggy, Eliza and Lafayette have always been amazing with people, I never seem to know what to say.

"Alex, I need you to take off your shirt." Eliza said, continuing to check for other injuries. Alex's eyes widen with fear.

"Wh-what?" He choked out. Before he can object. Lafayette pulled Alex's hoodie over his head.

We all stand here, Peggy and Eliza start crying softly. There in front of us is Alexander, bare arms, covered in thin purple scars.