Chapter 15 ~ Why are you so calm?

Magnus' P.O.V

I smirk as Alexander leaves the dining room to go training with Jace, finally, I can enjoy the thought of our engagement and drop the act of how sorry I was.  Sure I feel bad about it and I didn't want it to go this way but on the other hand, it's also a new way to tie Alexander to me a new way to make sure he won't leave. I exit the room and walk towards the dungeon where I know Raphael and his clan will be, it's feeding time for them after all. "Your Highness." one of the vampires greets as I enter the dungeon, all vampires let go of the prisoner they're feeding on and turn to look at me. "I wasn't expecting you to have dinner with us, your majesty." Raphael states as he approaches me and stops as he is standing in front of me. "I need you to come to the New York Institute with me, Raphael." I state as he wipes the blood of his mouth, licking over his teeth to clean the red liquid off.  "Lead the way, my king." Raphael responds with a teasing smile, I open a portal and we step through.

I look around the institute and don't spot Lucian so we start making way towards his office, getting a few looks from the few remaining Nephilim, some filled with surprise, some filled with anger and some filled with fear. "Good evening Lucian." I say as I see the werewolf sitting at the desk in his office. "Magnus." Luke says as he looks up in surprise, he gets up from his desk and comes over giving me a friendly handshake and doing the same with Raphael. "To what do I owe this visit, your highness?" Luke asks as he closes the door of his office, to make sure no one is eavesdropping. "I am here to get Clarissa and Isabelle, I'm gonna need them at the castle for the next three months." I explain as I walk over to Lucian's desk and take a seat in his chair. "And why do you need them if you don't mind me asking." Lucian asks as he takes a seat across from me on the other side of the desk. "I need them to help me with wedding preparations." I state and I see a look of surprise appear on luke's face and a smirk appear on Raphael's. "So you finally decided to put a ring on it." Raphael says as he sits down in the chair next to Luke, the smirk never leaving his face. "It was bound to happen eventually so I figured why not just do it now and get it over with." I explain with a cool tone in my voice.

"Well, congratulations your majesty." Lucian says as a smile slowly appears on his lips and I give him a polite smile back. "Thank you, Lucian, so can you send some to tell them they need to start packing a go-bag?" I say getting back to business quickly, Luke gives a small not and walks to the door, opening it and giving the message to one of the Nephilim guarding the door. "They will be here within 10 minutes." Luke states as he sits back down in his seat. We sit there talking for a couple of minutes when the door opens and in walk Clarissa and Isabelle, both holding a weekend bag in their hands. "Finally, come on." I state as I look at them and open a portal, they look at me in surprise. "Wait we're going with you? To Alec and Jace?" Isabelle asks excitement in her voice, clearly hoping to see her brothers again. "Yes, now move, I don't have all-day." I respond with an uninterested tone in my voice and I walk through the portal, trusting Raphael to make sure the girls go through. 

"Raphael would you be so kind as to take Clarissa and Isabelle to the training room? I have to take care of something, when I'm done I'll show them to their rooms." I say as the portal closes after them and without waiting for a response I start walking away, towards my office. "Follow me." I hear Raphael say, leading the girls toward the other two young Nephilim in the castle.

Alec's P.O.V

"Hey, Alec." Jace greets as I enter the training room, he's already set up the targets. "Hey."  reply as I walk over to the weapons table next to Jace and go to grab my bow. "What's that on your finger?" Jace asked with a shocked voice, I look up and see his eyes are trained on my hand. " think you know." I say with a sigh and grab my bow from the table, grabbing my quiver with my other hand. "I'm gonna kill him." Jace states once he had absorbed my words, and his grip on the seraph blade tightens. "You're going to do no such thing, besides if you do you'll kill me to remember?" I reply with a calm voice, trying to get him to calm down by showing how calm I am. "How are you so calm over this? The guy is forcing you into a marriage." Jace practically yelled at me, well it's best to tell him the truth about why I'm so calm about this. "Because it was gonna happen either way Jace, even if this piece treaty never happened I would still have been forced into a marriage." I reply with a little bit of anger in my voice, he looks at me in shock.