Chapter 12 ~ Hold me, please

Manus' P.O.V

It's the morning after the coronation and I haven't slept all night, after locking Jonathan in the dungeon I had to go deal with my father and Lillith who brought that monster into my home. Apparently, my father had no idea about what Lillith and Jonathan had planned, surprisingly enough. He took Lillith back to Edom and he swore he would punish her properly, she should be happy she won't have to face my wrath like her son. Catarina refused to leave before she could check up on Alexander so we decided to bring Clary and Madzie to my new castle so they would be closer and Clary continued to take care of the little warlock girl, unaware to what happened here that night.

I haven't been able to sleep all night because I haven't heard any news about how Alexander is doing ever since I send him and Maryse to his new room, I never expected I could be this worried about a Nephilim but for some reason I am, although I'm not sure why. Today s also the day I would send Jace, Isabelle, and Clary back to the institute but last evening Jace made it pretty clear he wouldn't leave his parabatai after what happened to him so I told him he was allowed to stay and work as Alexander's personal bodyguard, making it clear to him if he ever stepped out of line he would be back at the institute in no time.

I also decided not to send Maryse back after what she told me, I can't send her back to the man who assaults her not after what happened to my Nephilim. As for Clary and Isabelle, they will be sent back to the institute today, they won't like it but I can't take four of the best shadowhunters out of the field and considering Alexander and Jace will be staying here they have to go back.

I walk towards the dining room where I see Catarina, Raphael, and Simon eating there breakfast, well Catarina is eating Raphael and Simon both have a cup filled with fresh blood. "Good morning Magnus, how did you sleep?" Catarina asked as I plopped down in my chair and made a plate with pancakes appear in front of me. "I didn't." I reply shortly as I cut off a piece of my pancake and put it in my mouth, slowly Chewing it. "I never thought I would see the day that the great Magnus Bane would worry for a Nephilim." Raphael states trying to lift the mood, earning a small laugh from Simon. "Yeah, me neither." I say and let out a sigh. "Well I think it's good for you Magnus, you always thought you'd only power and nothing else. Maybe with Alec, you will see power isn't the only important thing in your life." Catarina replied with a slight smile on her face. 

Before I could reply I see Maryse slowly walking into the room, my eyes slightly widen in surprise but I choose not to show her how bad I want to ask how Alexander is. "You must be here to get breakfast for Alexander and yourself." I state instead of showing my worry for her son. "Actually I am here because Alec asked me to get you, but breakfast does sound good your majesty." Maryse replied clearly knowing her place. "Are you sure he wants to see me?" I ask, trying to hide the surprise in my voice. "I am sure your highness." Maryse replied shortly as she stepped a bit closer. "I'll be on my way then, please sit down and enjoy breakfast Maryse. I'll make sure Alexander eats something as well." I say as I make my way out of the dining room and start making my way towards Alexander's room. When I get to the room on the third floor I see Luke and his second in command, Maia, guarding the door, I know it's Jace's job to protect him but I don't trust him or the other two Nephilim not to barge in here at the moment so I locked them in a room.

I gave them a curt nod and open the door and slowly making my way in, I hear the door close behind me. I slowly scan the room and I see Alexander sitting on his kingsized bed, his back against the headboard and his arms wrapped around his knees. When he heard the door his head shot up and his hazel eyes meet mine, I look back at him and slowly make my way towards the bed. "Your mather told me you wanted to see me." I state as I reach the bed and slowly sit down on the edge, trying not to freak him out by my movements. "I did." He replies carefully, his eyes never leaving mine. "What do you want to talk about?" I ask, carefully moving closer on the bed. "I need you to hold me, ........... please." He whispers as his eyes leave mine to look down at his knees, my eyes widen with surprise at his request. "Of course I will Alexander, but why didn't you ask your mother?" I ask as I move to sit next to him, wrapping my left arm around his shoulder and I feel him slowly leaning his weight against me. "I don't want her to know how much it hurts, and you helped me last time I had a breakdown so I thought you would help me." He explains in a quiet voice, eyes never leaving his knees.