Chapter 13 ~ Dealing with Max

Magnus' P.O.V

It's been three weeks since the coronation and Alexander is almost the same person he was before, after a couple of days he started coming out of his room again. At first, it was for short periods only but the further the week came the longer he stayed outside of his room. He spends his time mostly in the training area with Jace, but I make sure he spends enough time with me alone. I stay with him every evening until he falls asleep, on his request, but of course, no one in the castle can know about this. I make sure to be commanding and almost rude with him when others are around, my people can't know that their king has a soft spot for a Nephilim. Not even Alexander himself knows he thinks I'm just being nice because of what happened at the coronation, but I have realized that I care for him and can be really worried about him. Ragnor says it's more than that, he says I'm in love, but let's be honest I'm not capable of love, I haven't loved anyone for over 400 years so why would I start now?

I also have to deal with Isabelle and Clarissa, who are still mad they had to get back to the New York institute without Jace, Maryse, and Alexander, Luke told me a couple of days ago they try to make a deal with him to see the three Nephilim in my castle every time he orders them to do something. Luckily for me, Luke knows how to deal with them so I haven't had to intervene myself, but I have heard from Luke there is another Lightwood who is being difficult. Apparently, Max Lightwood received his first rune last week, so he is ready to become a real shadowhunter and start his training with a personal trainer of his choosing. Luke tells me he wants Alec to be his trainer and is refusing all the training Isabelle had been trying to give him, saying the only way he'll become a shadowhunter is if Alexander trained him, so this seems like a matter I have to intervene in.

"So what are you gonna do about this young Lightwood?" Raphael asked as he enters my office holding yet another fire message from Luke about the matter. "Let Luke know I'll be coming over this afternoon with Alexander to solve this problem." I state and move my hand to show him he can leave and do as he is told, he closes the door after him and I let out a long sigh. What am I gonna do about this situation? There is no way I'm gonna let Alexander train him at the institute but at the same time, I already have two Nephilim to many walking around my castle. I get up and make my way towards the training area where I'm sure Alexander is, I hear swords hitting each other as I approached them. When I walk through the door I am met with a seraph blade flying through the sky and embedding itself in the door beside my head, I look straight at the two shadowhunters occupying the room and see Jace looking at me with big eyes and his hands empty. 

"Good to see you're still scared of me." I state as I draw the seraph blade from the door, Alexander turns around to face me, his eyes meeting mine. "Jace put all the training gear away and go to the great hall when you're dressed, Alexander, come with me." I state in a monotone voice as I walk out of the room, not looking back, knowing the two Nephilim will do as they're told. "Where are we going?" I hear Alexander ask with a quiet voice from behind me, as he trails after me down the castle hallways. "To your room, you'll take a quick shower and I'll pick out your clothes. We're gonna have to pay the New York institute a visit" I explain as I turn a corner and see the door to Alexander's bedroom door, next to mine just like in the mansion. I open the door and allow Alexander to enter the room first and I follow after him, he heads to the shower and closes the door behind him.

I walk towards the walk-in closet and starts going through the clothes, I grab a pair of black leather pants because let's be honest who wouldn't put Alexander in them if they had the chance. Next, I start going through the button-ups and pick a blueish-grey button-up and grab a dark grey almost black waistcoat to go with it. I grab a pair of black leather combat boots and black leather fingerless gloves and make my way back towards the bedroom, laying the clothes out on the bed. After waiting for a couple of minutes Alexander finally came out of the bathroom already wearing his underwear, and made his way over, sighing as he saw I wasn't planning on leaving the room while he gets dressed. "How was your shower?" I ask as he grabs the black leather pants and puts it on. "It was okay." he stated, pulling his pants up and closing the fly. The next item of clothing he takes of the bed is the blueish-grey button-up and he buttons it all the way up, covering up the necklace I gave him on the first day he came to live with me. Next, he puts on the dark grey waistcoat over the button-up, rolling up the sleeves of his button-up. He puts on the gloves and slips them on his hands, the leather tightly encasing the palms of his hands, and lastly, he puts on the black combat boots. He grabs the weapon belt of his bedside table and closes it around his hips, on both sides of the belt are holster type things that hold his seraph blade, some other blades and daggers, and his stele, he closes the straps of the holsters around his tighs so the holsters are clamped against his legs.