Prologue

This war has been going on for over 20 years and  it's starting to bore Magnus, they have been on the winning side for a while now. Nothing surprising has happened in a while, the nephilim kill some of the downworlders and the downworlders kill more of them, Magnus is thinking  he'll finish ths war soon. The Clave has started begging him for a peace treaty, saying they'll give him anything he wants in return, but they have nothing he desires. While looking through his window Magnus  sees a group of warlocks walking down the street, 3 of them fully grown and one young girl. Magnus turns around when he hears Raphael enter the room and gives him a grin. "What makes you so happy?" Raphael asks as he sits down on the couch. "I think I'm going to end the war, I'm just not sure if we should kill all the Nephilim or keep a couple of them as slaves." Magnus replied as he hands the vampire a drink.

Raphael takes a sip of his drink and gives the warlock a wicked smile. "Why give them an easy way out? They have killed so many of us, they should pay fo-" Raphael said, but gets cut off by screams coming from outside. They look at each other and run to the window, the screams are coming from the group of warlocks Magnus saw walking earlier. They are being attacked by a group of shadowhunter, there are 10 of them against 4 warlocks and one of them is just a little girl. Magnus sees one of the warlocks standing in front of the little girl and he recognizes her as Iris Rouse. Magnus doesn't plan to interfere unless the little girl is in direct danger. 2 shadowhunters attack Iris and the prince of Hell sees she is on the loosing side which makes the little girls vulnerable. 

"What are you waiting for? Help them" Raphael yelled at him, but Magnus held up his hand as a sign for him to stop as they watched through the window. Magnus noticed that one Nephilim has kept himself in the background, but when the little girl was left defenseless he saw the shadowhunter sneaking towards her, with curious eyes Magnus waited to see what he would do. He didn't look like he was about to hurt her, but he is a nephilim, so the warlock kept his magic ready, so he can strike if the nephilim is about to hurt her. to his surprise the shadowhunter sits down on one knee in front of her and says something, then he holds out his hand and walks her away from the fight, Magnus sees him take her to the house of his friend Catarina and waits for her to get inside.

After that the shadowhunter walked away from the fight and not long after that the fight was done, Magnus looked down and sees the 3 warlocks dead on the ground but also 4 shadowhunters. Magnus was speechless, he had never seen a nephilim protect a downworlder and seeing this dark haired shadowhunter save a little warlock without being noticed by the other nephilim sparked something in him. Magnus turned to Raphael, with a sinister smile on his face. "I want you to find out everything you can about that shadowhunter, it seems like the Clave might be getting their peace treaty after all." Magnus said and sipped at his drink before he walked out the room as Raphael sped away following the dark haired shadowhunter.

A/N: this is just the prologue, the other chapter will be longer and will be written in multiple P.O.V's