Chapter 10 ~ He's back

Magnus' P.O.V

after the coronation, we all gathered in the ballroom where there are tables filled with food and shadowhunters walked around with trays of drinks and small snacks. I pulled Alexander to a private corner of the room and turn him to face me, his hazel eyes are unreadable. "You look amazing Alexander." I whisper in his ear and he stares at me, suddenly I see the anger in his eyes. "What were you thinking, oh Alec is mad at me well maybe if I crown him he'll forget about this? Do you know what you just did? You just told all the people in here that I basically belong to you that I'm unable to disobey you, you might as well have turned me into your slave it might not be what you call it but that's basically what I am." He hissed at me and tried to walk away but I pulled him back and forced him to face me again.

"I did not crown you to get your forgiveness Alexander, I did it because I want you at my side. If you were my slave you would be wearing much less trust me, that rune is to protect you so the downworld won't start questioning your loyalty and become a threat to you." I tell him as I keep him in place with both hands on his arms. "Maybe you shouldn't have crowned me then, do you really think they will all be okay with having a shadowhunter in the position I am in right now? You should have never taken me from the Institute and just have continued the war the way it was going, that way I could have at least died with honor but now I have been stripped of my pride in front and humiliated in front of my kind, I can't even die anymore." Alexander snapped back as he forced his way out of my grip and stormed out of the room, at least he is still wearing the necklace so he can't leave the castle.

I made my way back to the guests and spot Ragnor walking my way, I feel all anger leaving my body as he stands next to me. "Congratulations on your coronation your majesty." Ragnor says with a playful smirk on his lips, I look at him and smirk back. "I see you have a hard time controlling your prince, he just stormed out of the room." Ragnor continued, as I scan over the room full of people. "He is mad about the loyalty rune I forced upon him, and about the fact, I turned him immortal." I explain as I search the room for a certain blonde haired shadowhunter. "Well Dot told you to be nicer to him." Ragnor states with glee in his voice, I turned to him and saw amusement in his face. 

"Congratulations Magnus, I am proud of you." A familiar voice says behind me, I turn around and am met with the face of someone I didn't suspect would show up tonight. "Thank you, father, that means a lot to me." I say with a smile as he pulls me in for a hug, I hug back quickly. I pull back from the hug and notice the woman with long dark hair standing next to my father, he notices me looking at her. "I hope you don't mind that I brought Lillith and her son, although I'm not sure where he went off to." My father explained as he saw my confusion, I nodded my head and quickly looked over the room, Alexander is still not back. "Ragnor can you please get Jace Herondale for me?" I say quickly, Ragnor nods in reply and walks off in search of the blonde shadowhunter.

"That's no problem father." I say as I turn back to him and Lillith, I hold out my hand to her and she takes it. "It's a pleasure to meet you Lillith." I say as I kiss the back of her hand and she gives me a smile. "Likewise, Magnus. I'm sure you'll meet my son lather tonight." Lillith replies as I let go of her hand, I notice Jace and Ragnor approaching us. "If you'll excuse me, I have to take care of something." I say as I walk towards Ragnor and Jace, leading them to a quiet corner of the room. "I need you to go look for Alexander." I say as I look at Jace and I see his eyes darken. "What did you do?" He asks through gritted teeth.

"We had a fight and he stormed off, he's been gone for a while now and I can't really leave because all those people are here for me." I explain quickly as I scan the room again for Alexander, he's still not here. "I'll go find him but the rest of the night he is staying near me so I can make sure he's safe." Jace hissed as he walked off, not giving me time to argue. Who does he think he is? He may be Alexander's parabatai but Alexander is mine, not his. I look around and notice Catarina and quickly walk towards her, when her eyes meet mine she looks not pleased.