Chapter 2 ~ Mine

Magnus' P.O.V

I smiled when I entered my mansion, finally Alexander was mine. I've been watching him ever since I saw him save Madzie a month ago, I never though I would find someone so interesting. I look over at Luke and see him holding a struggling Alec, hands chained behind his back and a blindfold covering his eyes. "Luke, Maia, go back to your pack. Raphael and Simon you take care of our other prisoners, and Ragnor please leave me alone with Alexander." I commanded, I see Alec tense when I said his name. They all did as they were told and I find myself alone with Alexander in the hall of my mansion. I walk closer to the nephilim and take in his appearance, what bothers me is the blood covering his wrists. Those useless shadowhunters can't even make sure I got the boy unharmed, I told them specifically that I wanted the boy without any injuries. 

"Don't worry Alexander, I have more comfortable cuffs waiting for you in your room. You really shouldn't struggle so much, you'll get blood all over the floor and yourself." I told the boy as I stood in front of him, his had snapped up at the sound of my voice. "Why am I here?" He asked with an angry voice, as he thook a step back. I love how defiant he is, his people gave him away without a though an yet he still has a fight left in him. "Your people begged me for peace, Alexander, but with me nothing comes for free, certainly not peace. I told them that in exchange for peace I wanted you, they agreed in a heartbeat." I say as I step forward and take his jaw in my strong grip, not allowing him to pull away from me. "N-no, they wouldn't. My parents wouldn't just give me up like that." He said, but I hear the doubt in his voice, those filthy shadowhunters don't deserve someone like him. I let go of his jaw and grab his arm in a tight grip, forcing him to walk with me towards the stairs I look him up and down and decide I really have to do something about the way he dresses, this won't do for someone that belongs to me.

"Where are we going?" Alec asks as he tries to get away from me, but my hold on his arm is too strong. "Don't worry, I'm just taking you to your new room. Be careful, we're going up some stairs." I explain and start to drag him up the stairs, making sure he doesn't fall or loose his footing. "You mean prison." Alec stated and I look at him with surprise, I would never keep him in the dungeon with the other prisoners, but he doesn't know that and he can't know yet. I've learned in the month that I was watching him that he is a fighter and won't stop until he escapes, so I have to keep him locked up for now. The moment he knows I don't see him as a regular prisoner, he will use it against me, so for the moment I need him to fear me before he can like me. I ignore his comment and pull him towards the room next to mine, but he doesn't need to know that.

I open the door and push him inside the dark room, for now the room is glamoured to look like a dungeon so he will believe he truly is my prisoner. I walk him over to the back wall where a pair of leather cuffs are chained to it, I don't want him to open his wrists up again. I force Alexander to his knees and grab his left wrist and release the metal cuff that is holding it in place, revealing the wounded flesh underneath it. I used magic to heal his wrist and grab the leather cuff that is hanging from the wall, I buckle it tightly and lock it in place with a small padlock and repeat the same process with his right hand. "Now that's better, isn't it?" I say and see his jaw clench, choosing not to reply to me. I grab another pair of leather cuffs and lock them around his ankles, I pick up a short chain to also lock his wrists together so they aren't just locked to the wall and I do the same to the cuffs on his ankles. I grab a longer chain to chain his ankles to his wrists, giving him no chance to get up off his knees.

I admire the sight in front of me, and lean forward to take his blindfold off. When the cloth falls down to his neck, his eyes blinked to get used to the light, his eyes are beautiful. He looks around the room and then his eyes meet mine, and he looks surprised at what he sees. "Let me out of here!" he commanded when he looked around the room and thinks it's a dungeon. "Not a chance, you'll stay in here until I know for sure, you won't try to escape." I explain, when I said this something changed in his eyes, I'm not sure what. "I promise I won't, I'll stay." He said with a convincing sounding voice, does he really expect me to believe this? "I would love to do that, but I've been watching you Alexander. You are a fighter, you won't just give up like this. You will be restrained until you prove you can be trusted without it, you are smart, Alexander, just know you won't outsmart me. The blindfold will go back on when I take you out of this room, I know you have a great memory and I don't need you mapping out this place, it will only make escape easier." I told him and see his head go down in defeat.