Chapter 2

This is the most embarrassing moment of my life. What happened back there? What is happening this evening? I thought I was out here to hunt some men down but this is something I hadn't expected.

Fuck my life.

Nila and Layla were calling me but I seriously didn't want to talk to anyone I was embarrassed to the core and honestly didn't want to see them nor anyone else.

I texted them that I had gone home already. I sat on a corner feeling like I should jump off a cliff. I might look like I am overreacting but it was a really awkward situation and I am so ashamed. I want to curl up and die.

I never ever want to see that guy again. Ahhhh, what must he have thought of me? That must have been traumatic.

A lot of time had passed and I was still in the party palace in a corner where exactly, I don't know. It is very late and I don't have a ride. They must have already left.

Why did I tell them I already went home? How am I going to reach home? I don't even know where this place exactly is.

I stand up from where I was sitting and get out of the corner to see literally nobody to be seen. Has everyone left? Am I locked inside? I look around and the lights are still on and there are some noises to be heard.

I see people from the party are still here. Oh, thank god I am saved. I quickly go inside and see the family who organized this party.

The bride was there showing off her ring to the people around her. Her parents were talking with some people who I assume are the party planner. I go toward them to talk a little so that they could give me a ride.

"Hey there. Congratulations."

The bride looks at me like she doesn't recognize me and I don't mind cause honestly, I don't know her well either. And the only reason I know she is the bride is because of her really bright, costumed dress.

"Thank you."

"Umm so how you feeling?"

"Uh Umm yeah I am all good."

"Great."

I have no idea what more to say and she looks the same. What the fuck do I say, how do I ask her to the me a lift.

"Eva the car is ready come on." Someone shouted

"Coming" she said, and was about to move when she asked me " Hey you want to join us or do u have a ride?"

Yes Yes Yes Yes, thank you, thank you, thank you, my savior.

"Yeah sure." I say trying not to show my excitement.

"Let's go."

I followed her with her friends and move towards a big vehicle like a van. She sat on the car with her parents whereas the girls and me went to the van.

I was last on the line, so I had rather difficulty adjusting. I was sitting in a really small place. But who was I to complain? I am glad I at least got a lift.

We drove for some time; the girls were talking about stuffs and I overheard them talking about the groom.

"You know our brother in law is too hot to be called as a brother in law. I don't want to make him my brother. " a girl whined joined by others.

"Me neither."

"Say didn't he look really good on that tuxedo and that beard my my, it complimented him so well."