Chapter 17 Places

Third pov

Coming home this time around felt easier, but still like something's missing. And Amelia doesn't know what to think about the fact that Narnia feels more like home than england.

Now she is physically nineteen but the people around her mostly treat her like she's a fragile stupid thing that should stay behind the men.

Amelia refuses to do so, bitterly thinking that the only reason she'd have to do that is to find the best place to stab someone.

Then her mother falls sick and she doesn't know what to do except to take care of her.

Peter and Susan no longer want to talk about Narnia, so she writes more than ever to Lucy and Edmund. She just wants to talk to others that shares her feelings at least a little bit.

When Amelia's mother dies she is sent back to her uncle's house. She's still writing with Edmund and Lucy while she's grieving.

She misses Narnia and Caspian more than ever and if her uncle and Mrs Mcreedy notices how much she's been outside tending to the gardens, they don't say anything about it.

One day as she was feeding the ducks by the pond when something, maybe the water itself, dragged her into the water without giving her time to scream.

For a terrefying moment she doesn't kbow what's up or down, just that she needs air and she needs it now. When she finally breaks the surface she greedily gulps air like she hasn't had it in years.

It didn't take her much time to see her biggest problem.

The ship heading straight for her.

She starts swimming while trying to scream for help.

On the ship's deck the only thing Caspian needs to see is the fourth person in the water, after the ones they had picked up yesterday, to realize who it is. And he jumps in, knowing his men would know what to do.

Amelia is relieved to hear a familiar voice telling her. "I've got you. I've got you. Don't worry."

"Caspian?"

He chuckles. "Yes, Amelia. It's me."

He helps her swim towards the tree lift that would take them up to the deck. "Hold on."

Amelia takes a steady grip on his arm, even though it's already around her in a hold that she doubted would let her fall.

She was happier to be back then words could ever describe.

"How did you get here?" Caspian asks while wrapping a blanket around her shoulders.

"I was pulled into a pond." She's shivering as she speaks but her face is practically glowing with happines and Caspian feels like his world is fully pieced together again.

"I'm sure Lucy is willing to show you where to change. Though I'm afraid you will have to borrow some clothes from me." Caspian says with an apologetic look.

"I don't mind."

"Amelia!" Lucy runs over and hugs her long time friend. "I'm so happy to see you. We were beginning to think you wouldn't come."

Amelia laughs. "I was starting to think so too."

Caspian and Edmund watched their interaction, but the rest of the men watched them all. It was long since they had seen their king this happy.

Caspian put a hand on Amelia's shoulder. "Everyone, it seems we have also had the pleasure of sharing this journey with Queen Amelia, Guardian of Narnia."

Time skip

Caspian's clothes fit a little loose on Amelia but she wasn't going to complain. They smelled like him and it felt like being in a constant hug.

She had one of his white shirts and a pair of dark blue pants with golden decorations on and she got to borrow Narnia's version of a belt to hold them up.

After Caspian was quick to show her the room where he had been keeping all their things. Including her crown and sword.

He held the sword out to her and she took it.

Her fingers went over the still sharp blade.

Caspian had a fond smile. "I kept everything, including your crown."

Amelia let ger sword hang on the same hip as always, having missed it's weight. "I missed this place."

Caspian can't deny that he feels satisfaction to see her in his clothes, on his ship, with him. "I missed you."

Amelia's green eyes twinkled mischievously. "You did? Do tell, how much did you miss me?"

He takes one of her hands, leading her closer, eyes never leaving her until their lips meet in a hungry and love filled kiss.

When it's over Amelia smirks. "What do you say about a spar?"

Caspian chuckles remembering the last time and how he got his ass kicked. "Whatever my Queen wants."

The whole ship wants to see them spar and no one is disappointed at the show.

It looks like dance, vicious and beautiful and ending when Amelia is suddenly pointing both swords at Caspian. "You've gotten better. But if you want to beat me you have to be even better."  She smiles and hands him his sword back, along with a peck on his cheek.

The annoying voice coming from the blonde boy that somehow is related to two of her oldest friends, both annoy and amuse her.

As far as she can see he amuses Caspian as they stand there listening to him.

"- I'm contacting the British Consul to have you all arrested for kidnapping." Eustace hit Caspian's chest and backed up.

"Kidnapping, is it? Funny, i thought we saved your life."

Eustace obviously doesn't know when to back track and continues. "You have me against my will."

A loud "Ha" is heard from Reepicheep.

"Did i?" Caspian is finding even more amusement in the disbelief written on Amelia's face.

"In, what i must say, are the most unhygienic quarters."

Amelia nudges Caspian and points to the horizon. "Caspian, land."

That was all it took to take the attention of the very annoying blond.

Caspian is quick up the stairs to see better, hand holding Amelia's so she can see too.

Lucy smiles to herself as she sees the two together.

Amelia looks through the binoculars. "The Lone Islands have always belonged to Narnia, but i can't see a single Narnia flag." She hands it over to Caspian.

She feels bad for Edmund when Drinian tells him that it's Caspian they take orders from on this ship.

But she can still feel some sort of exitement as they prepare to go to land.

Vote and comment, it keeps me motivated :)