Chapter 14 Hurt

Third pov

The early hours of the morning Amelia spent sitting on the stone outside. She could see Caspian a little further down but tried to pretend she didn't.

It had a hit her a little while earlier why it had hurt so much to hear him talk about the five of them like he did.

She'd fallen face first into the pavement for him.

She frowned but hissed in pain as the bruise on her cheek made itself known. She gotten a nasty hit by a Telmarine soldier earlier.

"Can i take a look at that?"

She jumped when she realized that Caspian had come up to her, and his teacher had gone back inside.

She nodded hesitantly. "Sure.." She tried not to shiver as he gently touched the bruise and split lip.

"That's going to leave a mark."

She shrugged. "I know." They sat in silence until she spoke again. "I know Peter said his just to hurt you, but do you really regret calling for us?"

Caspian saw the flash of hurt in her eyes before she looked away. "No. I don't regret calling you." He hesitated but took her hand in his hands. "Im sorry. I didn't mean to hurt you."

She turned her head back to him. "I like you. A lot, but you know i can't stay after this, right?" She felt tears bulding and quietly cursed herself.

Caspian nodded. "I know. But until then, I'm willing to take whatever you're willing to give."

Amelia felt her eyes water more as she rested her head on his shoulder, all the last days frustration and hurt catching up to her as she cried.

Caspian did his best to provide some comfort as she was willing to she her most vulnerable side to him. A side he doubted many had seen.

Next chapter will be longer.

Vote and comment, it keeps me motivated :)