Chapter 16 Back to the other world

Third pov

Ameli had just gotten a bath and change of clothes. She was wearing a dress for the first time since she came to Narnia this time, and now she sat at the table in the room she'd been given. She had her bag and sword on the table, and her crown in her hand when there was a knock at the door. "You may enter."

Caspian came in and closed the door behind him. "What is that?" His eyes had landed on her hand and what was in it.

Amelia held it out to him. "My crown."

Caspian looked at it before seeming to decide something. To Amelia's surprise he put it onto her head. "It looks better like this."

Amelia blushed and smiled, butterflies in her stomach as Caspian smiled too.

Caspian sat with her until the coronation as they talked.

He told her about his life, his parents. What it was like growing up.

She told him about her world, her parents, her fathers death and that she couldn't leave her mother alone. She told him about the fifteen years she'd ruled Narnia with the Pevensie siblings.

She told him, honestly and straight forward that she has killed before, many times.

Caspian knew very well what it means to rule a kingdom. And one thing that comes with is enemies. He told her so and that he doesn't think any different of her.

When coronation came Caspian insisted that she had har crown on. She laughed. "If you say so."

Time skip

Amelia wore a light blue dress and had her hair loose as they rode through the streets after Caspian's coronation.

The people cheered and she had no problem believing that everything would turn out alright.

Even if she felt such deep sadness when it was time for them to say goodbye.

She'd danced with Caspian before the fireworks but after Aslan had asked to talk to her.

His words echoed in her ears. "Every choice has its time. Yours will come again."

"Narnia belongs to the Narnians just as it does to man. Any Telmarines who want to stay and live in peace are welcome to. But for any of you who whish, Aslan will return you to the home of our forefathers." Caspian stood close to Aslan as he talked.

"It has been generations since we left Telmar." An old man in the crowd said.

"We're not referring to Telmar." Aslan said. "Your ancestors were seafaring brigands. Pirates run aground on an island. There they found a cave, a rare chasm that brought them here from their world. The same world as our Kings and Queens. It is to that island i can return you. It is a good place for any that wish to make a new start."

The mass of people was quiet until the former general spoke up. "I will go. I will accept the offer."

Caspian's aunt stepped up too along with an older man."So will we."

Aslan looked at them. "Because you have spoken first your future will be good." He let out a breath and the tree behind Caspian opened itself.

Everything was quiet as the four of them went through and disappeared.

Then, many angry shouts.
"They disappeared."
"He killed them!"
"How do we know he's not leading us to our death?!"

Reepicheep went to Aslan. "Sire. If my example can be of any service, then i will take eleven mice and go through without delay."

Aslan turned his head to the Kings and Queens.

Peter got the hint. "We'll go."

Edmund gave him a look. "We will?"

The golden haired teen looked at his younger brother. "Come on. Our time is up. After all..." He took his sword from his hip and handed it to Caspian. "We aren't really needed here anymore."

Caspian took it. "I will look after it until you return."

"I'm afraid that's just it. We aren't coming back." Susan said and Caspian's eyes flickered to Amelia.

Lucy sounded incredibly sad. "We're not."

Peter shook his head. "You three will. At least. i think he means you three."

"Why, did they do something wrong?"

Aslan looked at her. "Quite the opposite, dear one. Your brother and sister has learned all they can from this world. Now it's time for them to lice in their own."

Amelia shared a look with her best friend since the last seventeen years (Narnia years included) as he talked to his sister.

The Pevensie's said goodbye to the friends they'd made while Amelia went up to Caspian.

"I wish we had more time together." Caspian looked like he was never going to see her again.

Amelia tried to smile. "We will see each other again. But until then," She took her crown and gave it to him. "Look after my sword and crown for me?"

Caspian nodded. "Of course."

The two shared a long look before they kissed. (Much to the delight of the people watching.)

After vaguely hearing Peter say something Amelia stepped back.

"It's time for us to go."

And she looked back one last time before stepping through the portal and appearing in her world like nothing ever happened, but with the feeling of Caspian's lips against hers.

Vote and comment, it keeps me motivated :)