Chapter 3

Let's leave something clear. I'm not the type of people who panic because of any reason. But being in a museum, in complete darkness, standing infront of a book eith ultra-violet light and without phone, That's not in my favorite pastimes.

  "Now what?" I asked Jason.

  "Now," he answered, " we look for a light switch or an exit"

  "Then let's look for the switch. Unless you can see in the dark, because I don't have that power"

  He rolled his eyes and started searching while I searched by the other side. We looked for a switch for a while with no succes. The wierdest thing was that everywere I went I felt like that wierd book was following me.

  "What the hell is happening with this thing?" I exclaimed approaching the pedestal where it was.

  "Why?" asked Jason "What's wrong with it?"

  "It's been following me everywhere"

  Up close it looked more ancient than it had seen before. It had worn out a leather binding with golden decorations.

  "What's this? Why is it in a museum?"

  "It's an ancient leyed. About a group of teens who protected the city centuries ago"

  He came to were I was standing and I opened the book. It was handwritten in black ink that had run and the pages looked yellow-ish.  In the first page there were drawings of six people -jus from the head to the chest- that occupied around half of the page. Curiosity invaded me an I started reading.

  Years ago, in the city of Orio there was a war between humans and the creatures that emerged from the shadows. When a sorcerer, descendant of Hecate, realized that the evil was winning he looked for a group of teens capable of confronting the creatures and gave them powers that would help them in the battle.

  They accepted  their gifts and faced the monsters in battle, returning hope to the people. Finaly came the day when they had to fight face to face with Sirius, king of the shadow creatures. 

  In that page there was a wierd simbol. It looked like an "S" but with some other details.

 It looked like an "S" but with some other details

ओह! यह छवि हमारे सामग्री दिशानिर्देशों का पालन नहीं करती है। प्रकाशन जारी रखने के लिए, कृपया इसे हटा दें या कोई भिन्न छवि अपलोड करें।

  "What's this" I askes pointing at it

  "That," Jason said, "Is the king's simbol"

  "It looks... familar" It was true. I had seen it somewere, but didn't remembe where.

  Jason looked at me confused, like if  was crazy. I ignored him and continued reading.

  The fight lasted almost three days, until the only  ones left Sirius and the teens, who the people from Orio had started to call Dawn Guard. The rest of the creatures had been defeated and sent to an abyss beneath the earth. They had managed to circle the king , who was so weak his powers weren't enough for him to escape.

  The members of Dawn Guard channeled all their energy, making  even that each one of them was sorrow fed by an aura of light and power, in one powerful explosion so strong that they defeated the king. However he managed to launch a final hit, hurting Aria, their leader, with power over fire. In order to save her they gave in their gifts and returned them to the sorcerer. 

  The people celebrated their heroes' victory during three days. Everyone was happy that they could live without worrying that the creatures would return.

  "Wow," I murmured, "It really is an interesting story"

  "Yes" agreed Jason.

  In that moment I noticed something at the bottom of the page. There was something written, almost unnoticeable, like it was invisible ink.

  "What's this?" I asked. Jason came closer and read:

  "Or so they thought," he turned the page and I saw more things written in the other side.

  The sorcerer warned them that sooner or later the monsters would return. Sirius would find a way to be back stronger than ever, and they would have to reclaim their powers and go back into action.

  It has been almost a thousand years. The world is still the same, but the shadows are getting stronger. It's just a matter of time before the heroes rediscover their powers and jump into battle...

  We looked at each other perplexed. In that moment the lights turned on and we saw an exit sign. The light over the book had changed and was now normal instead of ultra-violet.

  We exited the museum with out saying anything. The rain had already stopped and I could see the cafeteria less than a block ahead. When we arrive our friends, who were waiting on a table stood up when they saw us enter.

  "Where were you?" asked Hazel, "we were worried."

  "Yes," said Thalia, "we waited for you for almost an hour. You have a lot to explain."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here's the new chapter

Did you like the legend?

Also the image I used as Sirius' simbol isn't the official one (we are still working on int) 

And please remember to vote and comment :)

Dawn Guard: The Rebirth of Shadowsजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें