Chapter 7

The next day, the school got the brilliant idea to send us on a field trip to the museum. It had been arranged from way before clearly, but you get my point, it just had to be the museum. Our grade was going with Jason's (he was a year older than me. Well a year and a half, but who's counting), so our group consisted of Thalia, Jason, Hazel, Damian, Victor and me. Fortunately, Lila had gone with other people. 

  When we arrived, we were told we were free to "explore" the place as we wished, as long as we all stayed with our groups.  The first thing we did was look for the book. Besides, no one else seemed to be interested in it, so we could just go there without much trouble.  We all walked towards it and approached the guide who was standing beside it.

  "Hello," he said joyfully, "do you want to hear Dawn Guard's legend?"

  "Yes," I said speaking for the whole group, "we want to know more about the members and their powers."

  "Well, the Guard consisted of six people, three boys, and three girls, each one of them with a different and unique power. One of the girls had the power to control fire and could create it with her bare hands. Another was able to control storms and electrcity, and the last one created force fields made of pure light. On the side of the boys, one of them had power over water, the next controlled plants, and the last of them possessed magic. It was the combination of all their powers that allowed them to finally defeat Sirius and his army of shadows."

  We looked at each other dumbfounded. Those were the same we had experienced, except for the fact that now the genders were swapped. After a moment of awkward silence and once we had overcome our sudden moment of realization we said goodbye to the guide and continued our tour of the museum. 

  "Did you notice?" said Damian after a couple of seconds, "they're exactly the same ones we have, except the other way around. Or, well, except for the fire."

  "Right," said Jason a little nervous, "the fire."

  "But he didn't mention anything about the hidden part," intervened Hazel, "the part that said that 'sooner or later they will have to reclaim their powers'."

  "Well, we need information about what's happening," I said, "and there's only one way to get it: returning to the museum tonight."

  Later that evening we met at the entrance of the museum at 10 PM, after the rehearsal. Victor, someway, don't even bother asking how, had gotten a key for the service entrance. We got in and went for the book, though it wasn't alone in its pedestal this time, the guide we had met earlier was standing beside it. This time, however, he did not have the museum uniform. Instead, he had a black tunic with white details embroidred in it (some of which seemed like greek letters). His hair was white, got kind of wavy at the tips, and went down to his shoulders. His eyes were a really weird and almost indescribable. He practically looked like a typical sorcerer from movies and old tales, except he had no beard. 

  "Y-You're the wizard. The one from the legend?"

  He nodded his head. We were all shocked. This man was the same one who, centuries ago, had granted their powers to the members of the first Dawn Guard, and he was standing right in front of us. 

  "Indeed, I am the sorcerer  who originated Dawn Guard so long ago. And as you six may have already noticed, you are the members of the new guard. 

  "But, how?" asked Victor. We had already told him everything about the legend and what had happened that night at the museum. 

  "If you paid attention to the hidden part, you should have already figured out what's happening."