Hardcore Love

Chris POV

I stood in the living staring down at the looks of a bum ass nigga. He sat there holding drew like he knew him or some shit. And Shonnie just day there dumbfounded. I dropped my Duffel bag on the floor.

"Again, shonnie wtf is going on here? " I asked allowing my voice to raise.

"Uh, this is Drew's father babe. He was just stopping by and wanted to see him." She stumbled over her words.

This was deeper than what she just fed me, and I wasn't buying it not one bit. She told me this nigga wasn't around, and never even knew of his existence. Now all of a sudden he just stopping by for a visit. This dude live all the way in the south, this is definitely more than a "stop by".

"So as I was saying, I made us plans for Sunday. A small family outing. " Home boy spoke.

"But y'all not a family." I chuckled Watching this clown put on an act.

"Aye ain't nobody speaking to you. This between me and my baby mom. Problem? " Shonnie then stood up grabbing Drew from his lap taking him upstairs, I guess sensing the thick tension growing.

"You damn right I got a problem. Coming up in my shit trying to play like you missed MY son. Check this out, this my house, she my girl and this my family. Looks to me you got a personal issue going on." I spoke as he clinched his jaw.

I bawled my fist up getting ready for whatever just in case he wanted to act crazy.

"You got life fucked up if you don't think I'm not taking back What's always been mines. You actually think i'ma let some wana be thug ass n-gga try and step in my shoes. Tuh on my brother that ain't happening. " he stepped closer into my face.

I was about to beat the breaks of this chump until I felt a small pair of hands grab my arm. Shonnie stood beside pleading me with her eyes not hurt him. Calming down I nodded snatching my arm away. Now she was defending him?

"So what now you on his side?" I growled.

She shook her head no.

"It's not about sides Chris. This is my sons father. I can't just have either of you attacking each other. Both of you want to be in our lives I get that. But Dreland you can't just waltz in here expecting things to pick up where things were left years ago. And Chris you can't control this man for trying to build a family with his son. I am the reason he doesn't know Drew. It was my selfish reasons they barely know each other. Now please the both of y'all this too much. Dre I would like to speak with you. Chris I'll. Deal with you later." She spoke.

I laughed, grabbing my keys and other belongings. If she thought I would be cool with her hanging around him knowing they still have feeling for one another, she thought wrong. I could just tell by the way she looked at him she was still dealing with some emotions. I wasn't about to stick around and Watch her slowly fall for him again.