Hardcore Love

Dreland Alsina  POV

I touched down in Harlem. Taking in the rugged scenery. I was ready to collect my goods and head back to the south. I can't believe this chick took my son, and ran all the way up here. TF was she thinking? Finally after four years I came up on a location. Standing in front of the brick two-story home,  I chuckled as I heard what appeared to be my son laughing and screaming. The time was now or never, it was either demand my existence in my seeds life or just walk away and pretend they never was apart of my world at a point. Fuck it. Here goes Nothing.

Ringing the door bell, I adjusted my snap back so my eyes were more evident. I listened as she told him to start picking up the toys, and she'll give him a snack. Her little steps came closer, and I immediately began smirking as the door opened and glass quickly shattering.

Me: Shonnie You good? I attempted to help but she quickly smacked my hand away.

Shonnie: Why are you here? How did you find me? She rambled picking up the broken pieces.

Me: I think the question is, Why did you just leave and taking my seed at that.

Shonnie: Dreland you wouldn't understand. I was not about to raise my son around drugs and guns. I had just had Drew and our home was broken into imagine what could have happened. You damn right I left. How I left was wrong Yes, but it was for a great reason.

She turned around admiring the little dancing body picking up his toys. It killed me how I missed out on the first part of his life. He smiled and waved as he saw us looking at him. He was definitely my kid, curly hair same eyes, everything. I wanted to pick him up and just hug him.

Me: I want...no I need to be apart of my sons life. This isn't right, him growing up without his father Shon and you know that. So please come back to NO and we can start fresh.

She shook her head no repeatedly. I bit my lip aggressively trying not to get angry. Why TF was she making this so hard. Here a nigga was begging to be apart of my child's life and she was refusing.

Shonnie: I get you wana get to know your son. Granted I am no one to keep you from doing that, but as far going back that's dead. It's not Save there and I'm not allowing him to become about of that lifestyle.

Me: Can I at least come in and meet him. He doesn't even know me. Come on Shondra.

Shonnie: It's shonnie. (She pointed her finger) and Yes, but hang on let me get him a snack. You can have a seat.

We entered the living room all the way. I removed my jacket and snapback getting comfortable. I turned my phone on silent blocking out any distractions especially from Monica, my girlfriend.  After Shonnie took off I was in a fucked up state. My brother was killed and my girl took everything away from me. Monica was there to help me gain everything back. I can't say I'm in love with her because it was obvious Shonnie still held my heart. But I cared for her deeply.

Drew: Hi.

He ran into the room drinking a hi-c juice box. He also held a little sandwich bag of Teddy Graham's he piled quickly into his little mouth.

Me: Hey little man. What you got?

Drew: cookies. My mommy is making me some Mac and cheese. You want some?

I laughed, he had my looks but was everything like his mother.

Me: Yeah and tell mommy to make some chicken.

He smiled running off into the kitchen.

***

shonnie: So drew, come here mommy needs to talk to you.

Drew: What mommy, and where is daddy?

My eyes bugled out. I glared at shonnie as she tried avoiding eye contact. So there's been another nigga around my child. And he's been calling him daddy?

Me: Um, Shonnie.  What exactly is going on around here?

Shonnie: Uh, Drew this is your real daddy. He came to see you, and spend time with you.

Drew: what about my other daddy. I can't call him that?

Me: No. I'm your only dad, and I'm here to stay I promise.

Drew: OK.

Just then we heard the door unlocking, and some dude stepped through instantly mugging all of us,  especially with Drew sitting in my lap...

Dude: Shonnie wtf is this?

Uh-oh What's about to go down? TBC...