Hardcore

•|2 Undeniable Attraction

(Shonnie's POV)

Me: Drew, hurry up baby before you be late for school.

This was the fourth time this week we were struggling with our morning routine, and it was only Thursday. Now that I took on extra hours at the hospital I was more exhausted than ever. Not to mention being a single parent was tough. Having a four year old son, required a lot of attention. Not to mention  who is a very active boy may I add. I swear I learn something new from him everyday. Finally throwing his lunch box and signed papers into his book bag, I grabbed my purse and keys rushing out the door. He was now officially late, and so was I for my second shift.

Drew: bye mama. Love you. ( he kissed me and waved.)

Me: be good in school, Nana is gona pick you up, k?

Drew: I guess so. ( he looked sad walking into his class.)

I hated not spending so much time with my little man. He was getting bigger and bigger before my eyes. But, if I didn't slave all day who would take care of him. Certainly not his dead beat father, and certainly not my mother. She honestly resented me ever getting pregnant with him. I had just turned sixteen at the time, his dead beat and I were dating strongly since sixth grade off and on. What's funny is he actually wanted a baby, talked me right out of my virginity and straight into mother hood. My mother thinks it was a set up, for him to control my life since obviously he ain't shit in her words. All drew had was me, and I'd be damned if I let him down. I pulled Into the parking lot of the hospital preparing to knock this day out, when my phone rang. It was my best friend, who was also drew's godmother Ashlyn.

(On phone)

Me: Yes Dear.

Ashlyn: hey you busy?

Me: About to clock in..why what's up?

Ashlyn: OK well real quick...Me Farrah, Desi and Tiara wanted to throw a dinner tomorrow night..(she paused)

Me: OK so..what?

Ashlyn: Well, Grudge is invited. I know you two didn't end up well and...

Me: Ashlyn really its fine..Invite him. We're all adults right.

Ashlyn: Of course. So its set be here for dinner tomorrow at 7:30pm sharp. K? (She made kissy noises hanging up.)

(Off phone.)

Lord knows this could either way. That man, is so flip floppy one minute he wants to be cool, the next he's demanding me to leave him alone. home boy had some serious issues. it was honestly kind of cute though. ugh, what am I saying, now I'm confused.

****

(Dinner Party)

-7:45pm.

Desi: Your late...(Tapping her foot.)

Me: I know. I know I got off a little late, and drew was being clingy..but I'm here now.

Farrah: You damn right you are, and you're going to sit next to grudge and like it..

Tiara: Y'all cut her some slack, at least she working..what yall hoes doing besides complaining. (I silently mouthed thank you, while giggling.)

Ashlyn: Look, y'all always arguing...let's just eat before the boys snap.( she handed me the salad bowl.) Glad you made it chicka.

In the dining room the guys sat with the fork and knives in their hand looking hungry. I chuckled a little as their facial expressions changed when they seen the food in our hands. Farrah sat next to Dane planting kisses on his lips, Desi sat next to Bruce, Ashlyn sat by Frankie and Tiara sat by Jomo. leaving me next to Grudge. who was looking even better than the last time we saw each other. which was about a month back, we hooked up once more after the party and from there it went Downhill. how can a person with such a great personality be so fucked up? as I sat down next to him, he finally looked up from his phone showing his pearly whites. I had to coach myself not to fall into a trance. I wanted to talk to him, but this wasn't the right place or time. right now this was about everyone getting to know each other.

We sat around the table laughing and comparing stories. I must say, after the hectic day I had, I was actually enjoying myself. I mean how can you not with good wine and humorous conversation. As usual Grudge was the only person not engaging with us. Instead he wore a straight face, just watching everyone. Looking down at his phone from time to time almost like he wanted to be elsewhere. I wanted to know his story, who was really behind this hardcore shell. Refilling my glass with wine, I grabbed his hand heading towards the porch for some privacy. For it to be September the night still felt very warm, yet a little breezy.

Grudge: Wassup?

Me: You tell me.. what's your deal?

Grudge: Idk what you talkin bout women.

Me: Mind explaining why the last time we saw each other you was a whole different person.

Grudge: Told you I wasn't always the best person to get along with. I trust none, thought you knew.

Me: Yeah..but I guess me letting you fuck here and there means nothing?

Grudge: It ain't that..but I did tell you I wasn't looking for nothing.

Me: Neither am i...But I mean damn it has been a month, at least I'm making an effort to befriend the nigga I'm opening legs for.

Grudge: News flash Shonnie, you didn't have too..never did I hold a gun to your head.

Me: Oh my god..you truly are an ass. I can't believe I actually thought we could be civil.

Grudge: You catching feelings ain't you? (he laughed.)

Me: Even if I was, I would never let myself be with a guy like you( standing up to leave.)

Grudge: So what you mad now? it ain like I never made shit clear in the beginning..

Me: You're an ass..(I shook my head.)

Before I could walk away, his firm hand wrapped around my wrist. pulling me back into his lap, crashing his soft pink juicy lips into mine. For a moment the softness of his lips, and all these emotions allowed myself to enjoy it. Then a few moments after , I snapped back into reality and snatched away from him, as he wore a smirk. He may think, I'm right where he wanted me, but little did he know it was the other way around. sooner or later he was going to break and give in completely. I walked back into the house gathering my things, saying good bye to the girls. I needed to get away from Grudge and asap, before I did something I'll regret. why was this man denying his attraction for me?

Comment. Vote. Share.