Hardcore Love

•|Shonnie's pov
-6months later -

Tiara: The fall mxyer is this weekend y'all. We got outfits in mind or what?

Farrah: not really, I mean every year it's the same stuff, same drama, same people in which I don't have time for.

Me: Truth you guys, I'm truly just not in the mood for any pettiness Chris may throw. (I picked at my plate.)

We sat around Red Lobster talking about the events that we're coming up. This fall mxyer in particular I seem to keep hearing about, even the girls at work are bragging about it. The event was packed before it even started. Quite frankly I just wasn't in the mood, knowing I'd run into Chris.

Ashlyn: have you spoken to him since that night? (I shook my head no)

Me: but he's been throwing shots towards me on twitter, this I know for sure. I mean he has new girl focus on her... (rolling my eyes)

Desi: Bruce said Chris still comes and get drew from time to time how does that make you feel?

Me: confused. He won't say a thing when he picks him up. He won't even look at me.. the other day he finally attempted to speak.

Farrah: Well shonnie, technically you told us y'all never broke up for real, so think about how he felt when he say you and ya dead beat.

I winced in pain, at the thought me slipping back into the hands of my ex. I admit I was confused, until finally I allowed myself to let go of the guilt from leaving him behind. I was doing better for myself, and mainly for drew. I allowed myself to fall for Chris, although he was to like Dre in so many ways when it came to the streets, but I knew he would allow that part of him to affect me or drew. I knew I made a mistake, and if Chris would only allow me to explain.

Tiara: she's alright. She mistake you have to give her credit for being Human. But you also got to look at how stubborn our men can be.

Ashlyn: can we please go. All this sad talk is giving me a headache. Shonnie I love you, you know I do. You'll get him back don't worry. If he was truly done with you, he wouldn't keep ties with drew.

She had a point. But it wasn't one strong enough to convince me, as all paid our tabs and talked about the mxyer a little more I thought about an outfit that would make me irresistible at this event. Same way I got him, same way I'll get him again. My little plan.

----

-Friday night

•| Grudge Pov

Broads ran all around trying to get attention from me and the fellas. But as usual I was on chill mode, thankful Kae allowed me to attend this thing alone. She was getting on my nerves, after I told I was thinking about making his own room , and besides that nigga shonnie call a baby father hasn't stepped up yet. I guess he got mad she rejected him. And I know what y'all thinking, just because I'm not fucking with Shonnie don't mean I can't still see him. I mean come on y'all seen I had a bond with him.

Jomo: Damn. G, you better look at this.

He tapped me breaking my thoughts, I looked towards the entrance and saw The girls with, Shonnie. The first time I really laid eyes on her again, and Damn. Why was we not fucking again? But for real, the turtle neck crop shirt she wore showed some of her stomach, and the high waisted pencil skirt hugged her bottom frame well. Kae definitely didn't compare to shonnie.

Bruce: G, just go over there and talk to her. At least get her a drink don't just stare bra. (He whispered )

The girls had now been by the bar, and I could still see shonnie in clear view. This was definitely going to be an interesting night.

¥¥

Da boys and I sat around V.I. P, done for. Two hours later and the joint was rocking, I mean if they let anymore people in capacity would be reached. Everything was slowly slowing down and the Dj was starting to switch between R&b songs, and hip hop. All the girls came barging up, each girl sat on somebody lap except for shonnie who stood looking innocent.

Me: come here (she looked around)

Shonnie: what Grudge?

I could feel she was tensed. I grabbed her by the wrist, and pulled her outside. I didn't want everybody in our business. But actually paying attention to her tonight made me miss the fuck out of her.

me: you broke my heart. ( was the first thing that came out the minute we got outside. )

Shonnie: and you never let me explain or apologize. But yet come and get my son every week, and still wont notice me.

Me: I told what happened with my ex? YOU knew I got trust issues. But there you we're, legs in the air.

Shonnie: Chris that's not fair. I didn't know where we stood. You left for days and then just decided to come back without word? That's what had me confused.

Me: so if I wouldn't have left, would you have picked me? (Curiosity struck)

She was quite for a minute. I looked into the dark skies as my mind wondered. Was this worth working through? Was I too hard on her? Did I react wrong? I think the most important concern should be kae. Everything about her was just perfect, and she was really down for the kid. But like I've been saying since the beginning when shonnie and I met she just struck a nerve in me.

Shonnie: Truth be told, yes I would have. He and I only had a --

After hearing her reply. I cut her off by crashing my lips into hers, I've been wanting to do that all night. At first she resisted, but she wrapped her arms around my neck pulling the kiss deeper.

Shonnie: what about your girl Chris?(she whispered breaking the kiss)

Me: I'll handle that. And before we make this official you got a meet my mom and sister.

Shonnie: yeah mine is just dying to know who drew daddy is he keep bragging about. (She giggled)

Me: How about we get Everyone together for Thanksgiving since that's coming up. I'm thinking my mom house she has big enough space.

Shonnie: Chris I truly am sorry. I never even wana think about hurting you again, I know it must be a lot to consider us being together again after you wouldn't even give your ex one.

Me: with her I new it wouldn't last anyway. She got bored easily with everything, so I figured it would only be a matter of time before she got bored again, dumped her before she could even blink.

Shonnie: oh my. (She chuckled) I never wana hurt you again. I on the other hand feel bad for new girl.

Me: it was bound to happen. I tried investing myself with her, some how you still got a hold on me.

Shonnie: hey do you think the others would miss us? (I raised an eyebrow)

Me: naw why? You tryna get nasty.

Shonnie: boy bye. Come on I wana show you something.

She held out her hand for me to grab, leading us towards her car. I asked no questions, and just admired me having my baby back.