runaway bride | bill

The big day. The day that was supposed to be the happiest day of her life. The day where she was to marry her true love and become Mrs. Skarsgard. She wanted that more than anything however, it also terrified her. (Y/N) knew she loved him and wanted to spend the rest of her life with him but she couldn't understand why it was necessary to have to show that in front of the world. 

She sat at the vanity in the hotel room, all garbed up in her gown, veil, makeup . . . everything. Her bridesmaids were scrambling around her, getting all of their last minute tasks done.

As she sat, staring at herself, the anxiety began to build and everyone rushing around her only made it worse. 

"I can't do this," she whispered to herself as her leg began bouncing and tears welled in her eyes. She was having a panic attack.

"Are you ready, (Y/N)?" Her best friend and maid of honor asked, coming up behind (Y/N) with a wide smile. However, when she saw the state her friend was in, her features suddenly dropped. "What's wrong?" She asked, turning around to face her.

"C-Can you get Bill, please?" (Y/N) muttered, pinching at her dress as her panic attack grew. 

"Of course," (Y/F/N) said, giving her shoulder a reassuring squeeze. "Hey guys, I think we should give (Y/N) some space," she said to the other ladies before they agreed and left. 

It was now silent. All she could hear was her short, labored breaths as she struggled to breathe. This wasn't what the happiest day of her life was supposed to be like.

A knock then sounded at the door, breaking her away from her thoughts. 

"(Y/N)? It's Bill, can I come in?" He asked, his voice muffled by the door.

"Y-Yeah," she managed to speak. 

The door squeaked open and Bill poked his head in. When he saw her in her state of panic, worry consumed his eyes before he entered the room, shutting the door behind him.

"What's wrong, (Y/N)?" He asked, rushing up and crouching down beside her.

She turned to face him and the second she laid her eyes on him, tears started streaming. 

Bill's brows arched in sympathy as he used his thumb to wipe away a tear. "Hey, hey, what's wrong, (Y/N)?" He asked.

She took his hands in her shaky ones as she drew in a deep breath then releaseed it. "B-Bill, I l-love you b-but I can't-" her voice was too shaky to speak as she tried to hold back tears.

Bill squeezed her hands. "Shh, take deep breathe with me, okay? In . . . " they inhaled. "Out . . . " they exhaled. 

After taking a few deep breaths, (Y/N) finally managed to take control of her breathing. 

"Bill," she said. "I can't do this."

When she saw his face drop, she knew she worded it wrong. 

"Wait no, that's not what I mean. I mean . . . I want to marry you, like really, really bad. But I can't-"

Bill smiled. "Let's get out of here," he said.

She gave him a crooked look. "What do you mean?" She asked.

Bill reached up and gently caressed (Y/N)'s cheek. "(Y/N), I love you more than anything in this world and all I want is to marry you. I don't care if it's down stairs in the ballroom or in the back alleyway. All I care about is spending the rest of my life with you," he said.

Her heart almost exploded in her chest at his words. She leaned forward, pressing her lips to his. 

"Come on my love, there's a drive-thru chapel a few blocks from here," Bill said as he rose to his feet, extending his arm for (Y/N) to hook hers through. "Let's go get hitched, shall we?"