unexpected | bill

(Y/N) awoke to the scent of something being cooked up in the kitchen. She turned over and noticed the spot next to her was empty so she then rolled out of bed and wrapped herself in her warm housecoat. After brushing her teeth and making herself look a little more presentable, she made her way into the kitchen where she was greeted by her boyfriend, Bill, at the stove, making breakfast.

"Something smells delicious," she said, wrapping her arms around his waist from behind. Bill chuckled before turning around in her grasp and enclosing an arm around her shoulders.

"Good morning, my love," he said, his voice still raspy from sleep. He the followed with a chaste kiss on the top of her head. "Hungry?" he asked as his lover proceeded to pour them both cups of freshly brewed coffee. 

"Starving," she replied as he placed two plates with steaming omelettes on the table.

The two took their seats as (Y/N) traced her tongue along her lips.  Without hesitation, the couple dug into their appetizing breakfast. Halfway through her meal, (Y/N) began to feel a nauseous pit form in her stomach.

"Hey, you all right?" Bill asked, concern taking over his features. (Y/N) suddenly felt the vomit arise in her throat so she excused herself from the table and darted into the bathroom where she emptied the contents of her stomach into the porcelain bowl.

Bill rushed in after her. "Shh, (Y/N), that's it, get it out. You're okay," he said; his voice calm and comforting as he kneeled down next to her, holding her hair back with one hand and rubbing soothing circles on her back with the other.

"Here." Bill handed her a damp cloth as she rolled back against the wall, feeling better now that her stomach was empty. "Are you okay?" He asked, crouched in front her with worry in his eyes as he gently caressed her cheek with his thumb. (Y/N) nodded before he helped her up. She then went over to the sink and brush her teeth to rid her mouth of the foul taste.

Bill left his beloved be so she could take a warm bath and relax. (Y/N) was left puzzled because she was fine all night and not once did she feel the slightest bit ill. And after she threw up, she felt a great deal better. All of a sudden, a light bulb went off in her head causing her to shoot up and out off the bath.

"Oh no," she said to herself as she rummaged through her cabinet in search of a specific item. She found what she was looking for then rushed back to the toilet.

What felt to be the longest five minutes of (Y/N)'s life had finally gone by so, she looked down at the stick that was placed on the counter. Her nails were chewed down to the beds from nerves as she peeked over. Sure enough, there were two lines which meant exactly what she'd hoped wouldn't happen. Her heart sank as fear and panic began to settle in.

"Fuck," she said as she began to feel lightheaded, causing her to take a seat on the edge of the bathtub with her head buried in the palms of her hands.

A knock then sounded at the door, snapping the panicked woman out of her train of thought.

"(Y/N), is everything okay?" Bill asked.

(Y/N) took a deep breath before replying, "y-yeah, I'll be out in a minute." She tried her best to sound as calm and collected as possible.

The couple had discussed starting a family and decided it wasn't a good idea for the time being because they were both so busy with their careers and they didn't want to bring a child into the world knowing it wouldn't get the attention it needed and deserved.

Feeling unsettled, (Y/N) took another deep breath to calm her nerves before she took the test and trekked into the kitchen. The second her eyes fell upon Bill, she had to bite her tongue to hold back an anxious set of tears. Bill instantly knew something was wrong based on the expression on her face. Worry immediately washed over him as he took her free hand in his. Nothing had to be said to know the aura in the room was off.

"Here, come sit," Bill said, guiding the trembling woman to the couch. "What's wrong, (Y/N)?" He asked in a gentle tone, rubbing small circles on the back of her hand with his thumb. She looked up into his green eyes, and took a deep, shaky breath.

"Bill, I'm not sick," she said, her voice almost inaudible, looking down at her hand which was tucked between Bill's.

"What do you mean?" He said, slightly confused.  (Y/N) pulled out the test and showed it to him. It took him a few moments before he fully registered what it meant.

"Y-you're pregnant?" He said in disbelief. (Y/N) nodded as a single tear spilled over her eyelid and fell down her cheek. Bill let go of her hand and combed it through his unkempt hair before taking the test from her to get a better look.

She held her clasped hands up to her quivering lips, awaiting his response. At first she thought he was unhappy — angry, almost — but that questioning look was soon replaced with a wide grin.

"You're pregnant!" He said in a cheer before pulling her up from the couch. Bill wrapped his arms around her waist and lifted her off the ground, spinning her around in circles. She couldn't help but giggle at his positive outburst as a feeling of relief washed over her.

"You're not upset?" She asked when he placed her back down taking her face in his hands.

"Upset? Are you kidding? I'm going to be a dad. We're going to be a family," he said with a chuckle before pressing his lips to hers.

"I know we said we would wait but I'm so fucking happy," he said, running a hand through his hair before lifting her up once more, squeezing her in his arms as he buried his face in the crook of her neck. He then lowered her and kept his hands wrapped around her waist, allowing her to wrap her arms around his long neck.

"I love you so fucking much, (Y/N), and that'll never change, no matter what," he said in a calmer tone, keeping his soft gaze locked on hers.

She tucked her lower lip between her teeth. "I love you too, Bill," she said before reaching up and connecting her lips with Bills once more.

He then whispered with sheer content: "we're going to have a baby."