high by the beach | bill

Music blared as the flames of the bonfire grew bigger. People were drinking, smoking, and dancing around the fire. Some were even out in the ocean, swimming under the stars. 

(Y/N) was seated on a log next to the fire, tucked under her boyfriend Bill's arm. She had her head resting on his shoulder as he ran his fingertips up and down her upper arm. 

"Are you having a good time?" He asked, both keeping their gaze on the flames. 

(Y/N) looked up at him with a smile. "The best," she replied before reaching up and touching her lips to his. 

"Go hide behind a rock or something you horny fucks!" One of his friends called from across the fire, eliciting laughs from everyone around them. They laughed too although both their faces turned a light shade of red in embarrassment. 

"Wanna go for a walk?" Bill suggested. (Y/N) nodded in response before he could even finish asking the question. 

The couple got up from the log then excused themselves from the group. Bill took her hand in his, lacing their fingers as he guided her down to the shoreline where they began their stroll down the beach. 

Contrary to what his friend said, neither of them were yearning for anything more than to be in each others company. 

They walked in a comfortable silence, looking out at the dark sea and the blanket of stars that fell over the ocean. As they walked, a small breeze rushed towards them which sent a shiver through (Y/N)'s body. 

"Here, take my jacket," Bill said as he pulled it off his body and draped it around her shoulders. He was wearing a sweater underneath so he wouldn't freeze himself.

"You're too good to me," she said with a smile as she leaned in to him. 

Bill wrapped his arms around her waist, pulling her in closer. "Anything for the love of my life," he replied before dropping his head down and brushing his lips against hers. 

He was the first to pull away as he then turned her around in his grasp so her back was pressed up against his chest, facing the ocean. All that was heard was the sound of the waves crashing against the shoreline.

"It's so beautiful, isn't it?" She spoke.

"Not as beautiful as you," Bill replied. (Y/N) couldn't help but laugh at his tacky compliment. 

"Very cute," she said as she shoved her cold hands into the pockets of his jacket. However, as she did so, her hand hit something. She pulled two objects out and saw that it was a lighter and a joint. 

"Well someone came prepared," she said, turning around with a smile as she lifted her hand to show Bill.

"Oh shit, I forgot those were in there," he said with a laugh. "Would you like to do the honors?" He asked.

She responded by tucking the joint between her lips and lighting the end of it. Once she got a good hit, she passed the joint to Bill where he took a deep drag. Passing it back and forth, they walked a little further before finding a spot where they sat down. (Y/N) sat between Bill's legs, leaning back into his chest whereas he sat behind her, using his hands to keep himself up. Both were buzzed but not completely baked. 

They sat in silence as they watched the ocean, both wanting to savor the moment together as moments like these didn't happen very often. 

"You know, I could honestly stay here forever with you," (Y/N) said. 

Bill pressed his lips to the top of her head. "As could I, my love."