"Gio where are you? The boss is asking about her!" Said the voice; awfully close to Brad's.

"Tell them to wait a second! We're clearly not going anywhere!" He hissed back, then looked back at me, still crouching a couple of steps below me.

"I'm guessing you want to know what happened, but even I don't know. All I remember was his cop brother and his partner showing up at my house and delivering the news. They wouldn't even let me see his body. And ever since, I swore that I would take away everything he holds dear to his heart. Until I met you, and I saw how determined you were to sacrifice your own life for those you care about. I thought to myself that he doesn't even deserve you, but you still deserve to live. You're too good for him you know that?" He said, removing a stray hair from my face.

Woah buddy, a little too close for comfort don't you think? I think he saw the look of utter confusion and horror on my face so he just smiled and sat on the ground, legs crossed.

"Aren't you supposed to take me to my uncles? Sorry I mean the devil's advocates?" I ask.

He laughed and shook his head.

"Do you want me to?" He asked, lifting an eyebrow in.... amusement?

"Well obviously not, yet here we are."

"Run with me Alexis." He said.

I'm sorry come again?? Is he ok? Does he hear himself?

Then he continued.

"I know you think I'm probably the weirdest human being ever. Like how I literally wanted to kill you a few weeks ago but now I'm offering you a way out." I shook my head very slowly, and he continued.

"Well in that time, I went and did my own research. I found out more about you and your family. You're an only child, well until you weren't. You were the one who connected all the dots and got your family together which, in turn, put everyone in danger. You were the one Jaycee fell for three years ago because, I mean, who could blame him. You're beautiful, and smart and resourceful." He trailed, looking deep into my eyes; making me a little too uncomfortable. He smiled to himself, sensed my discomfort and continued.

"You were the reason they had to relocate you and all your friends to a safe house to run away from your uncles; who by the way are satanic, just saying. You almost died when they found you there and took you hostage from the hospital where Royce and Ross were staying. You managed to escape but they found you again and this time I was there to bring you to them. That all seems pretty impressive to me, but the most impressive thing you did yet was get Bradley suspended. Little bro thinks he's all high and mighty and I'm extremely glad someone put him in his place." He said, chuckling.

Wait. Come again. Did he just say "bro"? Bro as in brother?

"That little piece of crap is your brother? The idiot who tormented me my entire high school life is your brother?!" I yelled out, accidentally spitting on him but I don't even care at this point to be polite.

"I'm really sorry for everything he put you through. He always spoke about you with so much highness and admiration I thought he had a crush on you. He always said there's this girl at school who is super smart, beautiful, strong and extremely well liked. He kept saying how he's trying to confront you about his feelings but couldn't do it. I remember he would always mention your name at least a couple of times a day per conversation. He was really in too deep, but had an extremely stupid way of showing it. And then of course, there was this whole 'you being with Jaycee thing' that might've been a deterrent."

"Is that why you're being nice to me right now? Because you feel bad that your brother tortured the heck out of me?"

He laughed a little, shaking his head.