Chapter 34 • The Hero

I AM LATE ON MY own party but I didn't mind.

Wala naman kasi akong gana pang mabuhay para i-celebrate pa ang buhay ko. Kung hindi lang dahil kay Jana ay hindi ko pipiliting tumayo sa kama.

It has been ten months since Sofie broke up with me and decided to fuck my bastard brother instead. Up until now, alcohol and cigarettes are my companion after getting laid to strangers I met at bars or nightclubs—kung saan ako dalhin ni Adrian.

Those ten months became repetitive; like a fucking boring government administrative job where there is no place to grow for your career, where you will stay until your retirement age because that's the life you were used to, because that's what others thought you should be. You can't do anything because they already have consumed your thoughts, they have controlled your mind like a fucking capitalist tycoon.

Most of the times, I would wake up with random nude chick beside me. Then, I will get up before she even set her eyes on me again. I will find myself in my condo unit to rest while preparing for another titillating night. The moment I leave my room, the night is already young for Adrian to flood my inbox like a fucking pimp who has a jet-setter customer for me to satiate.

His invite would be either to a party-slash-orgy rage or to a stupid elementary club's—Black Seoreh's—gambling session located in some golden casino at Pasay. Before the clock ticks to two, I know I am already sniffing whatever stimulant is available in one of the card tables. Before I knew it, I had involuntary woken up to someone else's room.

Each night has its similar vagueness. The feeling of arousal could be different depending how lusciously attractive my one-night stand is. There are some notable nights that I swore I almost broke my ribcage from pounding however, most of them were low standard sex.

Tonight is different. I won't be spending the night with random seductive strangers. Instead, what Jana gave to me as a present is a nonsense birthday party that I will never appreciate. Lahat ng kaibigan ko ay alam na ayaw kong sine-celebrate ang birthday ko. 'Yung ginawa ni Sofie before is just a one time thing. No one wants to hook second time around with their one-night stands, right? So, why would you do the same stupid, stained party again?

I strode down my motorbike then slide my hands into the cashmere silk suit I was forced to wear. Inside the jacket is just my plain white t-shirt—I never bothered to follow the dress code. This is my party. Tonight is my birthday. Ako dapat ang masusunod.

I stepped inside of the hotel hall. My head is still spinning because of the pill I took last night and the joint I smoked for my breakfast didn't help either. So, I am not in my right mind for tonight. Kung sino man ang makita kong hindi kaaya-aya ay paniguradong masusuntok ko nang wala sa oras.

Tama! 'Yon ang dapat kong gawin. Matagal nang kumakati ang kamao ko. Kailangan ko ng mukhang malalampaso.

One girl who's holding her head high is waiting for me by the door. I paused for a moment to study her whole body. She's fucking hot. She is taller than my regular one-night stands. She is hell taller than my ideal lady. Her legs are willowy but too strong to balance herself in a high-inched stilettos. The flickers of muscles were admirable because it was beautifully toned in shape.

I cannot fathom what she is wearing but I know it complimented every curve of her body. Hindi na ako makapaghintay na lapitan siya. Her whole presence arouses me right now. How come we did not lay each other yet?

"Happy birthday." Her voice is soft like her lips. She wet it again using her tongue. If I am not high right now, I might think that Jana's longing to caress my raw body too.

Nilaro ko ang tingin pababa sa leeg niya hanggang sa hubad niyang balikat. The moles on her collar bone are visible even to my blurry visions. Her head tilted just to cascade her long brown hair into her glittery shoulders.