24. The Rajma curry

Start from the beginning

"Okey..but what she did to you?" I asked.

"She gave me her handbag and ordered me to put inside. She thought that I'm her servant." She said with a frown.

"Then what did you do?" I asked her.

"Maa and Isha aunty is here otherwise I showed to her, her right place." She said while looking at her angrily.

"When were you come Riki." Anshul said while coming to the lawn with Siddharth.

Siddharth was eating the apple. In these days I came to know that he loves apple in fruits. So I always make sure we have enough stock of apples in home and I never forget to gave him when he engrossed himself in work because that time he forget to eat anything.

"Just five minutes ago." She said looking at Siddharth.

"Hii...handsome, I never saw you before here. Are you and Anshul friends?" She asked Sid forwarding her hand to shake.

"No, dambo.. He is my jiju." Anshul said while eating the apple.

"Hii..I'm Siddharth, Preeti's fiancé. " Sid said while shaking his hand to her.

"Hii..I'm Riki, Preeti's favourite cousin." Riki said.

I rolled my eyes at her comment.

In your dreams..

We all are sitting in a lawn and talking. Keerti and Anshul talk about their studies and pub-g game, mummy and Neeta Maa busy in there own world and Riki sticks with Siddharth like a glue. She is talking him like he is her fiancé not mine and my blood is boil when Siddharth also took interest in her talk like they both are long lost friends and meet after ages. He trying to steal a glance from me but I didn't look at him when he is looking at me.

"Preeti beta make some coffee for everyone." Mummy said to me. I nodded my head and got up. I turn to Anshul when he called me.

"Preeti don't make for me. I'm going to meet my school friends. Jiju you want to come." Anshul asked to Siddharth and he shake his head as no.

"Bim...I mean Preeti makes mine little strong." Riki said giving me her fake smile

"Do you want anything Rukmani?" I asked her with a fake smile. I heard keerti giggles and Siddharth look at me confusingly.

She got up and walked towards me.

"You are so lucky bimbo that I was not in a town when his proposal came to you. other wise Siddharth is my fiancé not yours. He chooses me not you. You don't deserve him. He is too handsome for his own good. " she whispered in my ears.

My face fell listen her comment. She always knew how to hurt me. I didn't say anything and walked from there to kitchen.

I put pen on stove and pour some milk in it. I started cutting salad for lunch when I heard a footsteps in kitchen. A familiar man cologne reached my nostrils and I know who it is.

"Water.." Siddharth said.

I know he is standing just behind me but today I'm not going to affect it which is a pure lie because he is effecting me standing so close to me. But I am not going to give up.

"Asked Riki, she will be very happy to give you." I said not turning to his side and keep cutting salad.

"Are you jealous?" He said with smirk on his face.

"Why would I be jealous." I said.

A pair of arms snaked to my waist. He hugged me from behind and put his chin on my shoulder.